• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kiwi Chavs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiwi Chavs

NZ couple to name child Superman

A couple in New Zealand is planning to call their newborn son Superman after officials rejected their original choice of 4Real.

That kid better be a tough-un otherwise he's going to get a beating first day of school.

Boy named Sue - Johnny Cash
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

My family used to run a hotel, had a barman and his Italian wife who decided to name their newborn son - Simon Primo Arthur Middleton, until they realised that the initials would spell S.P.A.M. Oh no, they thought, poor Simon will get the sh1t kicked out of him when he goes to school.

They pondered the problem and decided to insert the name Segualia in the middle (a locally well-known Italian family name).

So dear Simon was christened - Simon Primo Arthur Segualia Middleton - S.P.A.S.M

Brilliant!

Comment

There were a Mr & Mrs Walker in our village who called their kid "Luke Sky".

Comment

Kid at school called Neil Shipman. If he'd been called Harold, and become a doctor... well, what a laugh that'd be!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
            Kid at school called Neil Shipman. If he'd been called Harold, and become a doctor... well, what a laugh that'd be!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I knew a sargeant in the Army who had a middle name of Lovelace...he told us one night when drunk...BIG mistake!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

My dentist is a Dr Gentle. He graduated with someone with the surname Rough. He mused they would have started a practice together if Dr Rough was staying in the area - with a white door and a black door into each of the rooms.

Comment

There was (is?) a firm of solicitors called Duckworth, Wetter & Fowler in Oxfordshire. Aquatic bird crime a speciality.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Did you all call him "Ada" thereafter?
                    Linda or "deep throat" I would guess.
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X