• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, how much do you drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how much do you drink?

Come on, own up.
    0, Don't touch a drop, it's the Devils urine.
    20.00%
    1 - 3 units every day
    34.29%
    4 - 6 units every day
    14.29%
    7 - 9 units every day
    5.71%
    10 or more units every day
    5.71%
    Ah don feckin' know, you're me bess mate, you know that?
    17.14%
    Maybe a sweet sherry or two in a week.
    2.86%
    The vegetarian option.

Mon-Thu: Equivalent to 1 can of lager each evening.
    Fri-Sun: 1 bottle of red and about 6 cans of lager a day.

But, I do quite a lot of exercise and eat a reasonably good diet. Not sure if that gets me off the hook.

Comment

tend to have a bottle of beer each night, and some time share a bottle of wine, although this week I had 8 bottles of beer and two bottles of wine.....the weekends vary, but don't tend to be more than a few bottles of beer or bottle of wine, some times don't have anything at the weekend.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Then the urge to drink Advocat* comes over me...

*it doesn't give me dyspepsia....
        why ???? some affinety with the colour yellow ???
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Isn't advocaat made from lawyers?

Comment

sunday / monday tend to be dry and 6 units is the most i'd do on a friday & saturday. my guess is 3 units a night average. the days of 10 pints a night have long gone. thank goodness. all down to the kids. they don't respect hangovers and lazy mornings.

Comment

Monday is usually dry as I'm knackered from an early start.
              Tues - Thurs maybe a couple of glasses of wine if I go out but usually can't be arsed.
              Fri - Sat More than I probably should
              Sun - Probably share a bottle (or 2) over dinner.

Don't drink beer much as it turns me into a fat knacker.

Comment

Not too much through the week but usually way too much on Fri and Sat....I never seem to be able to recognise that line, you know the one where you know if you have that next drink - you will regret it??

Sunday, hair of the dog if I'm mega rough!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nothing (or nearly nothing) Monday to Thursday - working away on me own, so not much fun.

Friday to Sunday - usually split a bottle of wine a night with the Mrs.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I drink a bit more than the recommended maximum per week, and I usually drink some alcohol 4 to 6 days per week. I console myself with the factoid that the maximum no. of units per day that some people drink routinely (i.e. on average, every day) is 200 (works out as 7 bottles of spirits per day, every day.)

Comment

Working...
                    X