• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you aspire to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On
    You should read this book
    Probably a cheaper and less painful alternative to the lobotomy.
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
      I'm smack in the middle of bringing up four kids, with all the endless funding that requires, so dreams of a distant future are very vague at the moment. My eldest is 16 and my youngest is 5, so by the time the youngest is 18 we will have had one or more children in the house for 30 years. That's purely down to stupid planning (or no planning at all).

But the day after his 18th birthday I see myself loading a few essentials on my bike and setting off to cycle off around Europe for a few years with a credit card in my pocket. The challenge now is to remain fit and healthy enough to be able to do that when the time comes, and to keep hold of enough cash to fund it. I'll be 55 years old by then, and will have been sitting at a desk all day long for about 25 years, but fingers crossed I'll still have some sort of locomotive capability.
      He he... your assumption is that at 18 they go their own way... from what I hear the ony thing that changes are the items you have to buy for them in late teens get more expensive - driving lessons, car, tuition fees house etc.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd really like to buy Microsoft.

Comment

I'd like to make and sell the next utube

it goes on and on..

The difference is between "I'd like" and "I'm doing"

This world is full of mediocrity and people who are happy to make do and moan about how unhappy they are.

No wonder 10% of the population are truly well off, the other 90 "can't be arsed" - but they're more than happy to moan about it like they got the sh1t end of the stick.....

How often does a conversation about investing/business building with someone turn into - eyes looking up and then - 'yeah it's just too much effort I'll settle for something small'?

You get what you wish for
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm actually at a bit of a loss. Nothing left to desire as I've everything and done everything I ever wanted.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
              I'd really like to buy Microsoft.
              Why? It's not worth as anywhere near as much as most seem to think...

If you look into how their books work, that lovely phrase "accountancy practises", you'd be scared off for sure!
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Why? It's not worth as anywhere near as much as most seem to think...

If you look into how their books work, that lovely phrase "accountancy practises", you'd be scared off for sure!
                Does that make it a 'value' share?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

While I'm alive and able, I take the opportunity to do things. My retirement will coincide neatly with my last breath.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    While I'm alive and able, I take the opportunity to do things. My retirement will coincide neatly with my last breath.
                    Yeah, that's good.

Comment

Working...
                    X