• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you aspire to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you aspire to?

What are you aiming for in life?

Big house with expensive new car on the drive?
    New life abroad with money in your pocket?
    Flash life in the city with string of beauties?
    Simple life with no debts and plenty of folding to splosh on luxuries?

What makes the long commute, long hours, boring projects and idiot permies worth putting up with?

Is this a Poll?

I'll click on #4 if it is.

Comment

Knobbin Sarah Beeny

Comment

Sobriety...
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
          Knobbin Sarah Beeny
          What is that wart thing she has on her lip? I imagine it could generate a pleasant tingling sensation.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
            What is that wart thing she has on her lip? I imagine it could generate a pleasant tingling sensation.
            Lovely knockers though

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              What are you aiming for in life?....
              Be careful… Looking for reason beyond the madness leads to wisdom, we don’t want any of that on this board now do we…

Possessions are soulless did you not know?

All I know I learnt from Star Trek and I think this quote sums it up beautifully ‘the purpose of life is not about charting galaxies and nebulae but rather exploring the different possibilities of existence’

I think I’m achieving that through contracting, never in the same job or country for too long that I feel the need to post a post like the one that started this thread…
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

aspire to ?

easy, my own floatplane business in a remote part of the world , lots of fishing & swimming with the kids, cracking a beer as soon as daylight fades, that and never having to wear shoes again.............

Comment

Dunno really, I suppose when I was younger, like most I wanted the world on a stick and all that.

As I've got older, I've realised that having lofty ideas and dreams is pretty pointless, because you can never achieve them. What did someone once say, "The Unaimed Arrow Never Misses ?"

I tend to live for the here and now, and focus on the immediate concerns.

Such as :

With the release of Patch 2.1 for World of Warcraft, and the opening of the Black Temple, will my L70 Character be equipped in time before we start raiding there next week ?

Will I have time to sort out my notes ready for the WFRP game on Sunday ?

What shall I have for dinner tonight ? I've got some chicken out.

Where am I raiding tonight in Warcraft ?

What time does the surgery open so I can fix their computer (I'll google it in a moment)

Best get my timesheet done today (If I remember)

Problem with aspirations is that tomorrow you could be dead, so focus on today.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless
                    ...and never having to wear shoes again.............
                    Amen brother...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X