• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

( The Real ) The “ I love or I hate Microsoft” poll.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

( The Real ) The “ I love or I hate Microsoft” poll.

Sorry, couldn’t think of any sensible “I love them” options
    I hate MS because they are rich.
    6.67%
    I hate MS because their GUI is a feckin marketing system designed to sell training.
    13.33%
    I hate them because I am a Linux guy and I actually envy them.
    0.00%
    I hate them because I hate myself.
    0.00%
    I hate them because I am forced to use them.
    13.33%
    I simply hate them.
    6.67%
    I hate them because I work for them.
    6.67%
    I love them but I also think Hitler is normal.
    33.33%
    Most of the above
    20.00%

What happened to "I hate them because their code is crappy and their OS's are a security nightmare"?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      What happened to "I hate them because their code is crappy and their OS's are a security nightmare"?
      This is an area where they are good at. ( these days )

Comment

I love them for their desktop cleanup wizard and ... clippy *sniff* I miss clippy.

But seriously I love them for rendering my touchpad ( amongst other hardware) completely useless after running windows update.

I bought Gate's book (Business @ the speed of thought) - haven't read it yet though.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What happened to the "I love them because I work for them" option?

Pays the bills.

Comment

microsoft is friggin cool!
            Bill Gates has made a good company there in the business sense. Good on the fella. We only hate him and MS because they have more money than the british goverment !

I would love to have Gates money!!!
            Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
              Sorry, couldn’t think of any sensible “I love them” options
              Er, Option 8 - "I love them but I also think Hitler is normal".

'Is' normal? Is he still alive? Do you know something we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
                microsoft is friggin cool!
                Bill Gates has made a good company there in the business sense. Good on the fella. We only hate him and MS because they have more money than the british goverment !

I would love to have Gates money!!!

Microsoft is a classic example of how a man percieved to be a code-crunching nerdy geek has actually shown to have the type of business savvy and acumen other companies can only dream of. He kind of puts all you code-crunching nerdy geeks on this board to shame in terms of earning power.

Working in Systems Infrastructure, I neither hate nor love Microsoft, I just accept it exists, same for Novell. Both have their srengths and weaknesses

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                  Er, Option 8 - "I love them but I also think Hitler is normal".

'Is' normal? Is he still alive? Do you know something we don't?
                  Sorry , I will kill him right away.

Comment

Working...
                  X