• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He Said, He Meant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He Said, He Meant

Translation of our glorious leaders famous quotes into a truth.

He said - 24Hrs to save the NHS

He Meant - 24Hrs to raise enough for the big consultancies to convince them I'd be a non executive good director.

He Said - I'm a pretty straight kind of guy

He Meant - Go on swallow the lie.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

He said: Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

He meant: (feck knows)

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      He said: Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

He meant: (feck knows)

He Said: "The Home Office is currently not fit for purpose"
      He Meant: "Expect several more visits from the ****-up fairy"

Comment

He said: "Education, Education, Education."

He meant: "Learn to live with low standards."

Comment

From an article by Tony Blair in The Guardian, November 3, 1997:

He said: "...We were elected on May 1, determined to modernise Britain and restore faith in politics..."
          He meant: "...We were elected on May 1, determined to line our own pockets and those of our corrupt friends..."

He said: "...There will be zero-tolerance of failure: there is no room for poor performance, whether it is in our schools, childrens' homes, or collecting rubbish..."
          He meant: "...Who gives a stuff! Most people are too thick to understand what we're doing to their country..."

He said: "I have vowed to clean up politics: there is no room for sleaze in the new Britain...."
          He meant: "I intend to increase the level of sleaze in politics, and to introduce new phrases like "cash for honours" and "stealth taxes", and to be the first serving prime minister to be questioned by the police in an ongoing enquiry..."

DON'T GET ME STARTED

Comment

Gordon Brown.
            He said: "SME's are the engine of growth in the UK"
            He meant: "I'm going to tax the life out of you capitalistic pigs for daring to be entrepreneurs" (and whaddya know, small business CT is going up). ****.
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
            X