• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My cat has constipation !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barriebazg
    Most obscure thing one my of cats brought in was a........................Bat!!! Still alive as well, heard some squeaking in the corridor so thought that one of the cats had caught a bird, was very shocked when I walked out and there was this bat flapping around!!

"While cats were legally domestic animals, the term "vermin" could be applied by gamekeepers to poaching cats. "Vermin" was not legally defined, generally meant a noxious, mischievous, destructive or disgusting animal, especially one of small size, common occurrence and difficult to control. Gamekeepers had an extensive list of vermin which they would shoot, including "poaching cats" and many species which later became legally protected (but which they shot and poisoned nevertheless)."

From http://www.messybeast.com/retro-legal.htm

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I trust that you used thick gloves to handle said beastie... they transmit rabies and a rabies like virus by biting you...

By the way, that's NOT a joke...

Yeah I had very thick gloves and a plastic bag, was very aware of the rabies. I was going to call the helpline, that your supposed to call, as the bat is protected but by the time the cat had finished with it, it was dead!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Actually - soz, hope the little bugger pulls through ok.

You've turned into such a big softie

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          You've turned into such a big softie

Yeah, I know.

Secretly, I was going to reply "Ah well, a constipated cat, tulip happens... or not!".

Good job I thought better of it, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            Yeah, I know.

Secretly, I was going to reply "Ah well, a constipated cat, tulip happens... or not!".

Good job I thought better of it, eh?

Dont go changing too much mind...some of us like you just the way you are

(We really need that puking smilie!!)
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
            X