• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friendville Nightmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendville Nightmare

Ok - this should give everyone a laugh and the opportunity to abuse me but let's do it anyway. I am stuck in friendville with a girl at work. I am an average looking chap but have a big personality to compensate, this is an aquired taste though, I can be very sarcastic. Result is a bit of a marmite situation - women will really like me or really not but they always have an opinion !
    I am not the Duder and have had way more than my share of liaisons and a fair few knockbacks too - probably because I go after women who are a bit out of my league but I like the challenge.
    Anyway work birthday bash a few weeks ago - made a bee-line for very trim girl who I vaguely know and her equally fit friend. Ended up chatting to her/them for about 2 hours and they were lapping it up. I must admit I was enjoying it because there were loads of blokes around who were giving me daggers for boxing these 2 off.
    Anyway - put a bid in on the girl in question, unfortunately I was off my face by then and she was driving. She laughed it off and sent me an email on the monday (unprompted) saying she was seeing someone, thought I was a nice guy blah blah e.g. you are great but ugly so I will stay in touch as you amuse me but will never give you any sugar ie - stuck in the dreaded 'friend zone'
    I am chilled about that - didn't fancy my chances anyway so said how about lunch sometime.
    So we have just got back from lunch today - she turned up, obviously made an effort - hair done (she works with it tied back it was down), fresh lipstick etc - err why ?
    Lunch goes great - in between laughing, she tells me how her boyfriend barely says anything, is a bit odd etc. Obviously doing some comparisons !
    Get back and she says we must do it again about 5 times, the emails are flying etc.
    So - what to do now, leave it ? Arrange to go out again ? Casually mention a date with someone else (after all friends talk about this stuff) ?
    I realise this is as far as some of the geeks have ever got with a girl so they will be struggling to assist, so probably one for SA !
    Right - duck and cover !

How fit is she?
    Call the cops

Comment

Luke,

get in there feck's sake

let us know once you've past third base.

Milan.

Comment

I'll give you some advice (looks up "girl" on wiki...)

Comment

Another date is bang on the cards.

Comment

buy her some flowers, and choccies and keep your bell washed at least three times a day. Just in case
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Luke,

maybe this will help...

How to get a "Partner"?

hth

Milan.

Comment

treat 'em mean.......
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Just go with the flow. Take her out for lunch again.
                  Keep making it clear that you fancy her but understand she has a boyfriend.
                  Joke about chucking him or having a bit on the side with you.
                  Suggest drinks sometime.
                  Manufacture that awkward moment where she either says "good night" or "come in for coffee".

Go on, you know it makes sense.

NOTE: The above are all things I wish I could do if I wasn't such a geek.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ahem you are asking for advice at the wrong forum

Comment

Working...
                    X