• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Least liked of the Antipodeans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least liked of the Antipodeans

Which of the antipodean nationalities is least liked by the British?
    South Africans
    39.39%
    Australians
    48.48%
    New Zealanders
    12.12%

The poll is expired.

We need checkboxes, not radio buttons.

Comment

South Africans aren't antipodeans.

Comment

Neither are the British (the closest is NZ, Australia is closer to being an anti of the US than us)

Comment

I wasn't being pedantic.

The UK has always called Aussies and New Zealanders antipodeans, but never South Africans.

For the geographically challenged (not you SP), that's because Aussies and New Zealanders are relatively close to our antipode, whereas South Africa is nowhere near it.

Comment

I think New Zealand is roughly opposite to Spain.

I see South Africa is in the lead - I would have thought the Ozzies would take this one. Why the bad feelings towards Africa then?
            Last edited by Back In Business; 17 February 2007, 18:47.

Comment

Arrrrr me harties.....x marks the spot....

Comment

http://koti.mbnet.fi/ojalesa/koe/opposite.html See what is on the other side of the world according to Google Maps

Comment

I have always called South Africans antipodeans. It annoys them loads. But that hasn't stopped me.

Because they took up rudeness in the 60's - 90's as an international competitive sport while they weren't allowed to do the other ones.

Comment

Maybe cos it's a similar accent. However that criteria makes Cockneys antipodean.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X