• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did Santa bring you this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAD MAKER!!!

Wehey, fresh bread whenever I want it!!!! (just finished baking a loaf now)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      So what did you get for Christmas?

Me - Slippers and 2 hours trying to fix brother in laws dodgy electrics.
      Printer, but I'd asked for a Freeview Box

Also lots and lots of bills

Finally warning light has lit on car dashboard, have still to establish how much it will cost to fix problem
      Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Fender acoustic electric guitar, a couple of DVD's 2 computer games, sweets, aftershave, various bits of grooming stuff for the sprog to nick, and a couple of books
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My sister is fast becoming renowned for giving totally useless (but not cheap) and irrelevent gifts. The past two Christmases have seen her give me first a pair of divining rods, and secondly a wooden abacus. This year however it was Mrs Ws' turn, she recieved a tennis ball lump of rock salt, albeit drilled to accomodate a tea light, but rock salt FFS!?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I got

a new duffel coat, the complete works of Douglas Adams and some white socks.

What more could a contractor want?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Easy.

Take the bulb out.

Sorted.

Ahh, but we dont all drive indestructable, and apparently immortal, Blue Volvo's ZG. I'm not sure the same approach would work on a "normal" vehicle
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I had an odd one.
                I got laid off, an xbox 360 and to top it all off my wife gave birth to our daughter on xmas day.
                I'm hoping for something more normal next year.....
                Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
                  I had an odd one.
                  I got laid off, an xbox 360 and to top it all off my wife gave birth to our daughter on xmas day.
                  well congratulations to you three.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
                    I had an odd one.
                    Just think of the £'s you'll be saving on prezzies for the kid.
                    Congrats.
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X