• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Present Suggestions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey

I don't log on as much as I used to (remember a few years ago when I was on the Bench and lived on the board ?), however, I do like to pop in from time to time and catch up with what's going on.

However, this thread has plunged new depths of personal mud-slinging, depths of which I thought I'd never see.

Gentle japes and ribaldry, fair enuff, but several posters have stepped way over the line.

I don't know Sally Anne, and she doesn't know me. However, the replies and constant character assassination against her have gone far beyond the grounds of common decency and friendly jest.

Whether she is female or not (Sorry SA, as I said I don't know you), what sort of message are some of the more offensive posters sending to her about IT men as a whole ? C'mon guys, we need more women in the IT industry, not less for goodness sake ! Don't reinforce the stereotype.

SA : please don't take this a "stepping in to your corner and fighting your fight for ya." Mrs. BGG is from Sunderland and would rip this lot to shreds...and she doesn't like help with her battles either :-). I just wanted to say my piece because this board seems to have gone downhill, and certain posters need to be alerted to the moderators.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

ooh that told us. It's a joke you muppet
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
        I don't log on as much as I used to (remember a few years ago when I was on the Bench and lived on the board ?)
        How could we ever forget BGG? It is forever burnished on my psyche. I have no doubt your input will receive all the attention it warrants!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Had away and tulipe!

Mrs. BGG is from Sunderland and would rip this lot to shreds...and she doesn't like help with her battles either :-).
          You do talk some guff.

If SA can't take it then (s)he shouldn't dish it out. At any point (s)he could have refrained from responding.

Comment

LOL SB : I'll take that as a compliment :-)

And Baggy : "Never a truer word spoken in jest" as they say. Though, Scots is absolutely right....this thread is filth. If you can't see that then you deserve to be banned. Pull your socks up matey and wash your mouth out.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I don't log on as much as I used to (remember a few years ago when I was on the Bench and lived on the board ?), however, I do like to pop in from time to time and catch up with what's going on.

However, this thread has plunged new depths of personal mud-slinging, depths of which I thought I'd never see.

Gentle japes and ribaldry, fair enuff, but several posters have stepped way over the line.

I don't know Sally Anne, and she doesn't know me. However, the replies and constant character assassination against her have gone far beyond the grounds of common decency and friendly jest.

Whether she is female or not (Sorry SA, as I said I don't know you), what sort of message are some of the more offensive posters sending to her about IT men as a whole ? C'mon guys, we need more women in the IT industry, not less for goodness sake ! Don't reinforce the stereotype.

SA : please don't take this a "stepping in to your corner and fighting your fight for ya." Mrs. BGG is from Sunderland and would rip this lot to shreds...and she doesn't like help with her battles either :-). I just wanted to say my piece because this board seems to have gone downhill, and certain posters need to be alerted to the moderators.

Thanks BGG. You can see my North East spirit is keeping me alive here.
              But you're right. These boys are rotten, and thank you for pointing out that all men ar NOT like them.

Well done for having such great taste in wives by the way
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

LOL SB : I'll take that as a compliment :-)

And Baggy : "Never a truer word spoken in jest" as they say. Though, Scots is absolutely right....this thread is filth. If you can't see that then you deserve to be banned. Pull your socks up matey and wash your mouth out.
                Did you say something? all I can hear is a small puppy dog whinning
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                X