• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 - Final word on Employers NI and Apprenticeship Levy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 - Final word on Employers NI and Apprenticeship Levy

I have been on a few Inside IR35 assignments and I was miffed to have the Employers NI & Apprenticeship Levy taken out, but I have accepted it as the new normal.

I have read that this is potentially unlawful to have them taken out of the daily rate.

One Umbrella told me that the client never uplifts the rate in their experience - and to look for a perm role as they offer better conditions and the pay has gone up.

I have also been told (and actually went for one job) that some employers are offering to pay their side of things, but I only saw this once in my kind of roles.

Can anyone tell me whether there has been a final word on this?

Agencies love to advertise the highest rate possible i.e. using the assignment / umbrella fee the end client pays for a days work

You should have been given a Key Information Document (KID) when you started work that outlined the breakdown from the fee the umbrella received to your take home pay.

If you did receive a KID then nothing illegal is being done within the payment because it was explained to you before you began work. If however you did not receive a KID then you may have a case (but it's highly likely an employment tribunal would reject it anyway).

So sorry but nothing to see here and you've been told something that while is technically correct has been fixed / covered since April 2020...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X