• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been offered a contract "inside IR35"...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I'm guessing divorce/separation settlement.
    Hmmm. In which case he'll be caught giving dividends to her then which is very bad.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I'm guessing divorce/separation settlement.
      More about financial independence...
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I think you've looked for the answer you want to hear rather than researching what the best method is. Being stuck on paying your wife has also skewed reality. I seem to remember lots of articles saying it is possible but none that recommend it. For example I googled inside IR35 pay options and the very first result is.

https://jsagroup.co.uk/your-payment-...aught-by-ir35/

Which says

There is also a link to another page about using PSC which also says 'However, it’s important to understand how this works and what it means for you, as continuing to work through your PSC when you’re caught by IR35 is only beneficial in very limited circumstances'

None of the rest of the links it brings up comes even close to suggesting staying with the LTD is a good idea. Absolutely none of them talk about being paid via a brolly and then the payment going to the LTD. That doesn't even make sense.

They all talk about what you can do with the LTD in the meantime to keep it 'ticking over' so no idea what you've been researching to come to your conclusions.,

I thought you said you'd researched it?

Fancy telling us why you want to pay your wife half? Just giving us half a story that doesn't appear to make sense doesn't help us.
        Thanks for that - yes that all makes sense - I think I had an idea of how I wanted it to work which doesn't match up to reality - I did speak to Freeagent about this as well and they advised how their software would account for it so I presumed it was not something that hadn't been done before....

Comment

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post

Like others have said you are mixing two different things. Getting paid by Umbrella and Ltd company are two different things. Umbrella will deduct appropriate taxes, NI and their commission before making a payment to you in your personal account. Nothing to do with the Limited company.

If you want to keep your Ltd company open then that's completely separate but it may be better to keep the company dormant assuming there is no activity.

Thanks.
          Yep, this is what Lucy said.

Comment

Working...
          X