• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 change after contract started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% sure it is weekly pay, this is not general construction work but a specific industry that always pays weekly. Still doing the overtime because if nothing else I'm gaining experience. I was told it was a week inhand so now 2 weeks beyond that. Can anyone advise on the benefits of a umbrella company in my position? Looks like I'm not going to hear any decision this week, next pay day Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
      100% sure it is weekly pay, this is not general construction work but a specific industry that always pays weekly. Still doing the overtime because if nothing else I'm gaining experience. I was told it was a week inhand so now 2 weeks beyond that. Can anyone advise on the benefits of a umbrella company in my position? Looks like I'm not going to hear any decision this week, next pay day Tuesday.
      Our advice will always been Clarity for multiple reasons...

And if you can afford it putting money into your pension is great and seriously reduces the percentage of tax you lose.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi all being pressured to do overtime as any new starters are not will to take the contract under the current situation. Still not been paid and still up in the air. Will I be entitled to a tax rebate on the PAYE on the 6 month contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
          Hi all being pressured to do overtime as any new starters are not will to take the contract under the current situation. Still not been paid and still up in the air. Will I be entitled to a tax rebate on the PAYE on the 6 month contract.
          Hmmmm. Not been given a final determination on IR35 status, not been paid for 3(?) weeks, no other contractors prepared to touch this work, being pressured to do OT.

If your alarm bells arent ringing about this already, they should be. At the very least, you should be telling the client you will not discuss OT until you have a determination in writing on your status, re negotiation of rate if now determined inside and outstanding payments made.

The problem here is the longer you work without your determination and unpaid, the issues mount ie 3 weeks unpaid becomes 4, 5 or more puts pressure on you to continue in the hope of eventually getting paid.

I suspect the fact they cannot get other contractors on board puts you a stronger position than you may think. It's time to say you're not doing a day's more work until your issues are resolved to your satisfaction. These are your determination, a renegotiation of rate if now inside and money owed being paid immediately.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
          X