• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 re-assessment requirement for Contract Extensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 re-assessment requirement for Contract Extensions

I've been given contract extension for 3 months. The original contract was deemed outside and client/agency assessment was done. The new contract though is an extension is the entire contract in full but with daily rate change. The agency/client team is of the view that no re-assessment is required, and hence the query..

If IR35 re-assessment is required for contract extension
    - if it is the same role and same client
    - Contract rate has changed
    - Other terms and conditions remain the same

thanks in advance

Originally posted by sojan View Post
    I've been given contract extension for 3 months. The original contract was deemed outside and client/agency assessment was done. The new contract though is an extension is the entire contract in full but with daily rate change. The agency/client team is of the view that no re-assessment is required, and hence the query..

If IR35 re-assessment is required for contract extension
    - if it is the same role and same client
    - Contract rate has changed
    - Other terms and conditions remain the same

thanks in advance
    Unless it's a small company the risk is with the end client, so just carry on.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If the client is happy that there is no need to re-assess then carry on

Comment

It's the working practices that matter more than the contract so, if they're comfortable with the working being unchanged, then they're right, although an extension is a natural break at which to reassess the working practices. Either way, it doesn't really matter if the supply chain above YourCo is responsible and liable (i.e., issues an SDS to you).

Comment

Thanks as always and much appreciated for speedy reponses
          (I will take a PDF of the agency's reponse anyway to back-it up later)

Comment

Working...
          X