• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SDS process

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDS process

My current contract ends post-April and has been assessed as outside by QDOS and a separate legal firm.

I was expecting an SDS prior to April but the client is now saying that they see no need to issue one, as they confirmed I'm outside last year (before the delay in implementation) and, as nothing has changed, that's still valid.

They said they've sent an SDS to the agency, and the agency are saying they can't forward that to me as HMRC guidance is the the client has to send it to both the worker and the agency.

From what I've read, this all seems OK... however I'm still a little uneasy about it and not quite sure why? The rules don't seem to include details on the timing of the SDS delivery and "prior to April 2021" decisions appear to be acceptable, so on that basis I got my SDS a year early and all is well.

Would any of you guys have any concerns in this case? I don't want to annoy the client unnecessarily to produce a new SDS but I will do so if the consensus is that it'd be worthwhile.

TIA

I would not have any concerns. You have your SDS, issued timely. The agency is correct. Remember, the liability is with the agency/fee payer now, not with you (post April 5).

Comment

Working...
    X