• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment agency wants me to do a CEST and send them the output??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post

Bearing in mind the majority of clients are not even using CEST, and that those clients who are engaging are probably brand new to all this and are solely listening to the HMRC party line, which is one of, 'Use CEST', I personally would not want to start a conversation with a likely already nervous client and say, 'But I have something even more brand new as a concept.'

If you have a talkative client, I personally would get CEST to give me the right answers, engage with the client, demonstrate/present the answers and then, dictate the working conditions to reflect the output. If you have a talkative client.

The problem is that unlike in times past when HMRC could review both contract and actual working conditions, right now, while the contract can be manipulated, contractors currently have no recourse to assessing what will, at the time of contract signing, be the working conditions for later investigation and retrospective action.
    Agree with the first two paragraphs but disagree with the last. That's what the interview is for.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Agree with the first two paragraphs but disagree with the last. That's what the interview is for.
      Agreed. Permatractors see it as the client interviewing them. Should be a two way discussion where are also digging for info to see if you actually want the role.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Agreed. Permatractors see it as the client interviewing them. Should be a two way discussion where are also digging for info to see if you actually want the role.
        I've been quite successful with it being one way.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X