• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Q&A guide to contractors worried about IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q&A guide to contractors worried about IR35

Not sure if this Q&A will be helpful to the newbies who might be a bit panicked by the incoming IR35 reforms, but spotted it this morning and thought it might at least help soak up a few of the more obvious and repeated questions that keep popping up time and again on here about it all. The headline suggests it's for IT contractors specifically, but there's nothing really in it that wouldn't apply to all contractors, as far as I can see.

IR35 private sector reforms: What IT contractors need to know

I gave up at "contractors will cede control" - nope control has been removed from contractors and passed back to the people who should have been responsible back in 2000 (the end client)..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It isn't a bad article, but it does contain all of the usual suspects, all of whom have a vested interest in selling stuff to contractors, which becomes a little tiresome.

Comment

As I've said before, the best thing about these reforms - and there aren't too many of them - is that they will (hopefully) sink a lot of the hangers on and commercial enterprise of IR35, although some of it will inevitably be redirected.

Comment

Working...
        X