• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

List of Blanket Ban Companies in respect of IR35 "Reform"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    Think you're right. I had an outside IR35 gig last year at a client last year and was surprised to find how many people had been deemed inside (via a QDOS assessment.)
    Nah, you need to pull up to the door in your Ferrari Richard Prior stylie
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To be clear about the site, like everything else in life, you have to view it with the scepticism it deserves, a bit like all those stock market trading threads where we're meant to be in awe of someone who participated in a bubble.

No, the website should be used just to get a feel of the direction of travel that potential end clients are pursuing, that is all. I know of a good few large financial services companies that are now mandating umbrella only, which is as people are saying on the site. Sure, there are plenty with an axe to grind, there are also plenty of permitractors who should probably have been on inside contracts a long time ago but have slipped through the net.

One piece of anecdotal evidence I am seeing though is that I'm being contacted by more and more agencies about roles in the city for the MS .NET stack (& associated) dev roles which are paying £700-£800 per day via umbrella. Sure, that's for higher-end skills but it used to be that if you were getting £600+ you were doing well. I know, someone will be along in a minute to say they were on £1k+ per day outside - if so, I'll save you the bother, congratulations to you and your ego.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Think you're right. I had an outside IR35 gig last year at a client last year and was surprised to find how many people had been deemed inside (via a QDOS assessment.)
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Nah, you need to pull up to the door in your Ferrari Richard Prior stylie
        It was a public sector gig so more like pulling up in a Ford Fiesta.

Comment

Working...
        X