• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not easy to find as the outside inside lot and nothing much in the way of penalties...

Next....
    Wnluks

3 months ain’t worth the hassle nor the paperwork - don't stress about it.

remember the tweet from earlier this week HMRC will get more than enough from those who have been there 2 years plus
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      and that the kitchen extension was also a company expense
      I worked with a guy who claimed exactly that, and ended up getting audited because of it.

HMRC went back to all his clients from previous 4 years and demanded everything they all had on him, dug up all the muck they could. There had been things like 'employee surveys' he had refused to complete but clients had talked him into it as it was 'just between them', email signatures, going to company social events, etc., all details of which were hastily handed over to hmrc and used against him. When he contacted the ex-clients they didn't want to know. Clients only care about themselves and will sell you out without hesitation. He went through 3yrs of hell while they slowly tortured him.

Comment

Originally posted by newburywolf View Post
        I worked with a guy who claimed exactly that, and ended up getting audited because of it.

HMRC went back to all his clients from previous 4 years and demanded everything they all had on him, dug up all the muck they could. There had been things like 'employee surveys' he had refused to complete but clients had talked him into it as it was 'just between them', email signatures, going to company social events, etc., all details of which were hastily handed over to hmrc and used against him. When he contacted the ex-clients they didn't want to know. Clients only care about themselves and will sell you out without hesitation. He went through 3yrs of hell while they slowly tortured him.
        Sounds about the average HMRC experience to me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X