• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract terminated, options?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contra42 View Post
    I totally agree, that’s what being a professional entails. However for agreement to be achievable there has to be mutuality, if the client simply imposes working restrictions with the threat of termination for non-compliance then no amount of politeness is going to get you an agreement.
    It might, but as with everything in life, there are good clients and bad clients. We are suppliers so it's not a level playing field so we've got to be flexible and be able to play bad clients as well to earn our dollar. Doing what you want because it's right to the point of getting binned isn't good business.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The rules as you've explained them there are tantamount to Direction and Control.

I think you are talking about professional courtesy rather than rules and then what you said would still be correct but more IR35 friendly
      Yes, indeed it is tantamount to D&C. That's the reality for the majority of contractors.

And yes, 'rules' should be viewed on in the loosest sense and I agree about 'professional courtesy'!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Yes, indeed it is tantamount to D&C. That's the reality for the majority of contractors.

And yes, 'rules' should be viewed on in the loosest sense and I agree about 'professional courtesy'!
        Yup agreed.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X