• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scare Mongering Emails???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scare Mongering Emails???

Hi All,

So I just checked my email this morning and opened this lovely little ditty ...

It's clearly designed to freak me out (at least that's what I think) and get me on the phone to them but is there any shred of truth in here? I do have cash in my business account that is a war chest of sorts until I get my next contract.

Cheers,

J

"
    ***DO NOT GO MVL before you have had a chat to us, we have top QC's, accountants, solicitors and former HMRC officials to help.***

As a contractor, if you have ‘cash’ held in your limited company, HMRC has moved the goalposts.
    From April 4th 2020, IR35 tax legislation means you will pay 40% tax on it.
    In less than two months, all contractors in the UK will be affected by the change.
    And you really don’t want to face unexpected business tax bills, especially if you are closing it down.
    But you still have time to legally extract all your monies via a remuneration plan and keep 85%.

FREE TAX ADVICE | BE IR35 COMPLIANT

We provide IR35 reassurance for contractors questioning ‘what to do’ with their limited company and the funds therein.
    We would welcome the opportunity to review your current position with a FREE 15 minute consultation, to prepare you for what’s to come.
    To book your slot, call me on <501- 666-9999> or email <***@***> for a fast response.
    There is no commitment or obligation; this is just timely advice for you as the deadline approaches.
    Making sure you do not pay a penny more in tax than is absolutely necessary.

Yours sincerely
    "
    Last edited by WTFH; 20 February 2020, 10:22. Reason: Mod snip to remove contact details

As a contractor, if you have ‘cash’ held in your limited company, HMRC has moved the goalposts.
    From April 4th 2020, IR35 tax legislation means you will pay 40% tax on it.

You know this is bulltulipe right?

Comment

Yep, it's bollocks.

Great company name though!

Comment

Yay, another scheme.

Pile in.

Comment

Thanks for confirming my suspicions peeps.

Isn't the world just full of lovely helpful companies.

Comment

***DO NOT GO MVL before you have had a chat to us]
            I'd turned off at this point. Standard clickbait/scam type opening. You see it so often on Facebook. You know the type of post. Fake police warnings, or chain posts that tell you to share something or whatever.

No decent company uses this type of marketing. Anything that tells you what to do goes straight in the bin for me. Reading past it further backs this up.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'd turned off at this point. Standard clickbait/scam type opening. You see it so often on Facebook. You know the type of post. Fake police warnings, or chain posts that tell you to share something or whatever.

No decent company uses this type of marketing. Anything that tells you what to do goes straight in the bin for me. Reading past it further backs this up.
              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Send this to the House of Lords as an example of the kind of bottom-feeders this 'reform' is empowering. There will be people who will fall for this out of fear of what the Treasury is doing, and they (the Treasury) are taking no responsibility for the fallout of their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Send this to the House of Lords as an example of the kind of bottom-feeders this 'reform' is empowering. There will be people who will fall for this out of fear of what the Treasury is doing, and they (the Treasury) are taking no responsibility for the fallout of their actions.
                  But please don't let that other poster who's already contacted the Lords do it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The phone number comes up as a recruitment agent of you Google it

Comment

Working...
                    X