• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrospective IR35 if Job Role changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrospective IR35 if Job Role changes

Hi, I have been contracting for 9 years mainly with the same company, a well know high street bank. I have had breaks between contracts in that time, the most recent being Feb-June 2019. I then had a short contract with a small organisation and returned to my banking contract last September. As part of the IR35 change a blanket decision has been made to move all contractors to umbrella companies.
    I have the opportunity to move into a different role within the organisation and as such the scope of the work I undertake will be different to what my previous contracts have stated.
    Do all these factors help strengthen my case for not being chased for retrospective tax and being deemed as always I side IR35? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I would imagine that it would strengthen your case provided that the work is different from your previous contracts, but it would have to be really different, not just a few tweaks.

Have a read of this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ould-i-go.html
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
    X