• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SDC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madocks2 View Post

Where giant (together with the rest of the supply chain, when possible) can obtain evidence that SDC (Supervision, Direction and Control) does not apply to you, 'home to work' travel and subsistence expenses can also be claimed.
    Good luck with giant. I’ve read bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      But I also can't see why there would be any difference between determining SDC for IR35 and determining SDC for allowing expenses via an Umbrella.
      Exactly this, thank you for stating it much clearer than I did previously.

I'm sure there's various scenarios of going via umbrella instead of ltd, but my comment was in relation to the SDC statement and how it's different when used for IR35 and different for determining if expenses are allowed through an umbrella.

Comment

When you get agencies like Oliver James in Manchester insisting that SDC doesn't apply to you because 'you aren't managing staff' you tend to lose hope.

Comment

Working...
        X