• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - End Client and determination after using tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    The problem is that the MoD are still being very blanket in their approach. I have a feeling that will change soon.
    What makes you think that? A couple of clients are blanketing their assessment and appear to have zero motivation to change it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What makes you think that? A couple of clients are blanketing their assessment and appear to have zero motivation to change it.
      Comes down to the quality of staff they can attract. The MoD are different to NHS in that they have money to spend. But even they won't last long on a policy that is costing them almost 100% more than normal just because of a bad implementation of policy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Comes down to the quality of staff they can attract. The MoD are different to NHS in that they have money to spend. But even they won't last long on a policy that is costing them almost 100% more than normal just because of a bad implementation of policy.
        You'd hope this is the case but from what I am seeing there is such a disconnect between the policy makers and the people on the floor I can't see this is going to change quickly in some cases. It looks like they are scared about the situation with social workers, locums and so on and the IT staff are being bundled in with that. You can understand why they are worried with social workers and Locums as they were being touted as inside before the new rules so they going safe. It just ruinsany chance of the IT depts getting anyone decent in. I dunno if a couple of issues in the IT area is going to be enough to force them to change their stance quickly.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X