• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Wording

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    First time I've ever had a business negotiate their contract in public with me. Want me to do this online or on email?
    Amusing...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

First time I've ever had a business negotiate their contract in public with me. Want me to do this online or on email?
      Online... Serve his ass up to him on here. Pass me the popcorn.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        But we don't get to see the legal advisor's view.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'm sure you have lots of popcorn given how much time you spend on here!

Comment

Not my intention and I have pm'ed you. Was more interested in the views of non-agency folk

Comment

If they are that confident their contracts and determinations are outside of IR35 then it's saddening to see the contractor landed with the risk.

Anything 'outside' is pillow talk as far as I'm concerned right now, given the only thing you can comfortably live with NOT coming back to bite you, is an 'inside' decision. The reasonable care stuff and blanket decisions are too much FUD to deal with.

Still too risky to dare doing PS work right now.

Comment

First time I've ever had a business negotiate their contract in public with me. Wanna talk about this outside?
                FTFY

Comment

Oh, I'm very confident that they aren't talking about your agency Andy.

Why, when another poster asked who would be liable if HMRC decided a mistake was made, you very clearly stated
                  Whoever pays your company is liable. This is either the agency or the Public Sector Body if direct.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Contract Wording

Our contracts are very powerful, but unfortunately they won't trump the law!

For the most part the standard contracts are generic as they have to cater for 2500+ contractors in the U.K. Sometimes this means that certain terms are superfluous or irrelevant.

I'll always respond to reasonable requests to correctly reflect the actual Agreement, just normally they get sent to us directly and not via a forum.
                    Last edited by Andy Hallett; 3 April 2017, 19:18.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Our contracts are very powerful, but unfortunately they won't trump the law!

For the most part the standard contracts are generic as they have to cater for 2500+ contractors in the U.K. Sometimes this means that certain terms are superfluous or irrelevant.

I'll always respond to reasonable requests to correctly reflect the actual Agreement, just normally they get sent to us directly and not via a forum.
                      People often post contract terms they're concerned about on the forums. In this case, it sounds like the new contract was issued because of the PS changes, and S3 group have been promoting their solution to the PS problem, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for the OP to assume that it was intended to reflect the new legislation.

Comment

Working...
                      X