• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Statement of work - outcome based contract, outside of IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement of work - outcome based contract, outside of IR35?

Simple question - "Statement of work, outcome based contract" would this place me outside of IR35?

It is the client who makes the decision. It all depends on their view.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
      It is the client who makes the decision. It all depends on their view.
      The client would like to retain me post April 5.

Comment

To simple for any useful answer.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Probably, yes, unless it's a sham arrangement, but you won't have a reliable answer until you get the contract reviewed. Also, if this is a PS contract, it's the PSB's view that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post
            The client would like to retain me post April 5.
            Then the client need to make a determination, and put that in writing. Then you can be confident you are outside.

BTW, the new rules apply to payments made on or after 6 April, so if you're intending to finish on 5th, that may well be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Also, if this is a PS contract, it's the PSB's view that matters.
              Yes, I was assuming PS as he's posted in the PS part of the forum, but it's a good point!

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                Then the client need to make a determination, and put that in writing. Then you can be confident you are outside.

BTW, the new rules apply to payments made on or after 6 April, so if you're intending to finish on 5th, that may well be too late.
                Yes, I understand the client needs to be make it, just trying to help/advise them, they're also seeking further legal advice.

Agency pays weekly, last worksheet signoff is Fri 31 March, with a special payment run for 3rd to be paid by April 5. Leaves me with 3 days - 3 to 5 April, so I might ask him to allow me to put 1.5 days for Sat and Sun.

Comment

Yes, I understand the client needs to be make it, just trying to help/advise them, they're also seeking further legal advice.

Agency pays weekly, last worksheet signoff is Fri 31 March, with a special payment run for 3rd to be paid by April 5. Leaves me with 3 days - 3 to 5 April, so I might ask him to allow me to put 1.5 days for Sat and Sun.
                  The tool is available now - so if the client can get you an outside determination and print it off, you're cosy.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-em...status-for-tax

Comment

Invoicing for time that you didn't work may impact any lack of mutuality of obligation clause in the contract. I would think very carefully before taking that route.
                    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Working...
                    X