• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency up front about IR35 status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yes? And?
    And I am just imparting the news that a) some PS clients are (perhaps) wising up to the fact that their projects are currently failing because they can't attract contractors unless the contract is outside; and b) that 99% of agents are lying swines. Also your passive aggressive attitude doesn't wash.

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Who told you that? If its the agent...
    It was the agent, I'm well aware of the bulltulip I may be being spun, I'd never sign anything without getitng it independantly checked, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHMAN View Post
      And I am just imparting the news that a) some PS clients are (perhaps) wising up to the fact that their projects are currently failing because they can't attract contractors unless the contract is outside; and b) that 99% of agents are lying swines. Also your passive aggressive attitude doesn't wash.
      He's just being a cynical bar-steward.

There are new posters who are also first the contractors who have come on here. They have had to have it explained to them at the rate they have been offered they are better off getting a permanent job.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        He's just being a cynical bar-steward.

There are new posters who are also first the contractors who have come on here. They have had to have it explained to them at the rate they have been offered they are better off getting a permanent job.
        Hah! For the last couple of weeks, one of the questions from agents has been "Why do you want to leave your current contract?", and my answer has been "Because if my current client decides we're inside, then with the taxes and loss of travel and accomodation expenses I'd be no better off than if I took a permie role somewhere."

Not all newbie posters are created equal

Comment

Hah! For the last couple of weeks, one of the questions from agents has been "Why do you want to leave your current contract?", and my answer has been "Because if my current client decides we're inside, then with the taxes and loss of travel and accomodation expenses I'd be no better off than if I took a permie role somewhere."
          You should actually change that and state "I'd be much worse off than a permanent role somewhere." Then point out while contracting isn't all about the money being worse of is unfair when the role is insecure.

Yeah we know - some are more stupid and like to troll compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            +1 but it would be interesting to see the end clients view when you point http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...companies.html at them...
            TBH If i was in a PS contract and inside IR35 my preference would be PAYE from the agency, don't see the point of paying 30 odd notes a week to yet another link in the chain especially as expenses are not allowed, hopefully this will trim the number of 'money for old rope' brollys that have sprung up to feed on these waters over the last few years...

Comment

This cat knows his onions!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                First time I've seen a contract advertised where they are up front about the new PS IR35 stuff:

"Please be aware the client has decided this role is within IR35 legislation so the options are to switch to umbrella or have tax deducted at source and take home NetPay."

for a .net developer, £290-£300 per day, South Manchester, 6 Months
                That agency should be commended for their transparency and honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  +1 but it would be interesting to see the end clients view when you point http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...companies.html at them...
                  Somebody really ought to lobby the government to make it possible to contract as self-employed. It is commonplace (and financially beneficial) elsewhere, just not in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                    Somebody really ought to lobby the government to make it possible to contract as self-employed. It is commonplace (and financially beneficial) elsewhere, just not in the UK.
                    We have gone over this many times why it isn't done.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                      That was banned back in the 70's due to Agencies abusing self-employment. The only thing that has changed since then is that agencies and other workers have found other means of simplifying things for themselves at the expense of the worker (supply teachers using Umbrella companies is just a recent example)...

Hence there is no chance we could be self employed....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X