• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Results of the public sector consultation is up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
    A) which body would pay the fine if a contract is deemed inside 35 but treated as outside
    The draft legislation makes it clear that the liability lies with the fee payer. We will only know for sure on Monday when the final legislation is published - it would make sense to leave the liability for getting it wrong with the person that gets it wrong, but nothing in this legislation makes sense
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
      The draft legislation makes it clear that the liability lies with the fee payer. We will only know for sure on Monday when the final legislation is published - it would make sense to leave the liability for getting it wrong with the person that gets it wrong, but nothing in this legislation makes sense
      It truly is unbelievable really, I'd have spat my coffee out in the meeting room had I been party to that conversation 🙂

Comment

Working...
      X