• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
    Aw, such beautiful alliteration. Gold star for you, lad.
    Indeed but the evidence your posts have been misunderstood and/or have caused confusion are there as plain as the nose on your face so difficult to argue really.. but go ahead.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not going ahead with anything as I can't even understand what you're saying. Shame really as your previous post was beautiful.

Comment

Just reviving this thread after the dust has settled over the new tool.

Has anyone decided or changed mind over what they are doing? Or are people sticking to their guns and quitting\getting paid before 2016/17 tax year is over?

Comment

Ltd > Umbrella?

Originally posted by philo View Post

Has anyone decided or changed mind over what they are doing? Or are people sticking to their guns and quitting\getting paid before 2016/17 tax year is over?
          I am tempted to switch to an umbrella and make large employer SIPP payments.

If so I would account for the 6 months I will have already done through my Ltd. Co as if I was inside. (SIPP again)

I have been told that for the current tax year at least, there is no mechanism of informing HMRC whether you are inside/outside?

Comment

The current end client is still coming up with ideas to keep me outside ir35. Unless I see something in writing confirming I am then I'm definitely off. I probably will go anyway and get a new gig somewhere else.

Baffled as to whether the new gig should be inside, inside via an umbrella or outside to not attract HMRC retro stress. Got my insurance and reviews done anyway, but wish there was an obvious answer to the above 3 options, or even the option of staying where I am outside, so I can move on from this. retro thing that's been freaking me out. At least I have options

Comment

Originally posted by NHS1979 View Post
              The current end client is still coming up with ideas to keep me outside ir35. Unless I see something in writing confirming I am then I'm definitely off. I probably will go anyway and get a new gig somewhere else.

Baffled as to whether the new gig should be inside, inside via an umbrella or outside to not attract HMRC retro stress. Got my insurance and reviews done anyway, but wish there was an obvious answer to the above 3 options, or even the option of staying where I am outside, so I can move on from this. retro thing that's been freaking me out. At least I have options
              Have you tried the ESS tool yet? Seems to be giving fairly favourable outcomes for many.

Comment

My main concern is even if I answer the tools questions I get Outside.
                Not sure whoever is using it internally is aware of right of subsitition or really if they are would they agree to it.

Even outside by the tool - it doesnt make you exempt from investigation does it?

Company even suggested looking into a contract review and taking out retro tax indemnity for me and them going into new tax year as they can't decide what to do

Comment

My main concern is even if I answer the tools questions I get Outside.
                  Not sure whoever is using it internally is aware of right of subsitition or really if they are would they agree to it.

Even outside by the tool - it doesnt make you exempt from investigation does it?

Company even suggested looking into a contract review and taking out retro tax indemnity for me and them going into new tax year as they can't decide what to do
                  I'm sorry .. Your client is going to take out indemnity for you. If that doesn't scream employer/employee I don't know what does.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I'm sorry .. Your client is going to take out indemnity for you. If that doesn't scream employer/employee I don't know what does.
                    Sorry - no they want contractors to indemnify themselves as well as get a contract review to say its outside and they will be happy to proceed with you as outside. I'm leaving as planned.

Comment

Sorry - no they want contractors to indemnify themselves as well as get a contract review to say its outside and they will be happy to proceed with you as outside. I'm leaving as planned.
                      Ah gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                      X