• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge employee contract ...

I have an accountant reviewing my APNs - he's requested copy of edge employee contract.

Tried searching for hard/soft copies, but no luck ...

Can anyone please share a copy, or advise what keywords I should use so I can located from mail archives.

cheers
    Last edited by IPMAN; 17 August 2015, 13:51.

Comment

Current trustees of the Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust

Hi, can anyone tell me who are the current trustees of the Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust are and any contact details if possible?

Comment

payment on account vs apn

Originally posted by regron View Post
        Let's be honest. Although a payment on account to CLSO isn't the same as an APN. If you did it and then refused the offer, NO WAY will you see that money back in your bank while this circus is ongoing. I certainly won't be paying anything on account!!!
        I'm struggling a bit to see the difference between payment on account and apn except timescales. Given that we will have to pay the apn before its deadline would it not make sense to make payment on account instead as it will be the same amount and still give you the option of settling ?
        I'm also assuming that if not in the clso proceess the 2 methods of paying leave you in the exact same position legally ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbeer View Post
          I'm struggling a bit to see the difference between payment on account and apn except timescales. Given that we will have to pay the apn before its deadline would it not make sense to make payment on account instead as it will be the same amount and still give you the option of settling ?
          I'm also assuming that if not in the clso proceess the 2 methods of paying leave you in the exact same position legally ?
          Sorry, when I say legally I mean in the eyes of Hmrc.

Comment

jbeer, the option to settle is still available after the APN has been paid. Not for very long though as the settlement deadline is 30th September or there abouts (my APN letter said that I need to pay the APN but can also still settle within 90 days - which actually took me to September 21st)

Comment

Current trustees of the Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust

Hi, I realise I've already asked this a couple of times but it would mean a lot to me if someone were able to tell me who are the current trustees of the Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust are and any contact details if possible?

If it's privilaged information only available to one of the groups etc then I'd be happy if someone could confirm as such so that I at least know. I only used the scheme for a year and would probably settle with HMRC if I could be sure that doing so wouldn't create even more problems in terms of the implications it might have on the outstanding loan side of things. Would love to fight it but the stakes seem too high for someone who owes a relatively small amount (but which still amounts to a great deal for me given my current financial situation)

Comment

Originally posted by Radge View Post
                jbeer, the option to settle is still available after the APN has been paid. Not for very long though as the settlement deadline is 30th September or there abouts (my APN letter said that I need to pay the APN but can also still settle within 90 days - which actually took me to September 21st)
                Erm, the point I was making was where you can't settle by 30 Sept due to Hmrc backlog!

Comment

Originally posted by Radge View Post
                  Hi, I realise I've already asked this a couple of times but it would mean a lot to me if someone were able to tell me who are the current trustees of the Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust are and any contact details if possible?

If it's privilaged information only available to one of the groups etc then I'd be happy if someone could confirm as such so that I at least know. I only used the scheme for a year and would probably settle with HMRC if I could be sure that doing so wouldn't create even more problems in terms of the implications it might have on the outstanding loan side of things. Would love to fight it but the stakes seem too high for someone who owes a relatively small amount (but which still amounts to a great deal for me given my current financial situation)
                  I can't say I know for certain (but am working on it) but the name Optimus Fiduciaries Ltd keeps cropping up. As you mighty expect IoM based and staffed with a number of familiar names.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Erm, the point I was making was where you can't settle by 30 Sept due to Hmrc backlog!
                    Be VERY CLEAR here.

If you registered for the CLSO then this has to be agreed before 30th September according to HMRC. You can no longer apply for CLSO.

My guess is that HMRC has a lot of catching up here and may extend that deadline for agreement, but for the moment they're holding that line.

If however you have an APN that is due BEFORE the payment required under the CLSO (which is essentially any APN issued before 30th September as the settlement has a 90 day payment window) then failure to pay the APN will result in a late payment penalty/surcharge.

The APN should therefore be paid to avoid the additional 5% charge.

Quite how HMRC will manage this if instalments for APN and/or CLSO are agreed, I don't yet know.

DO NOT assume that if you have CLSO figures or even if you have sent back the forms accepting the CLSO (why?) that you are exempt from paying the APN - you are not.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      You can no longer apply for CLSO.
                      Interestingly, when I called the CLSO help line the other week (to chase up a reply to a letter sent many months before) their automated system said that although the deadline had passed, you can still discuss settlement with them although the terms may not be the same as the original settlement offer. I wonder what terms callers who had not registered before the deadline would be offered? I'm not sure how they could come up with / get away with less appealing settlement terms, but at the same time keeping the terms the same would make a mockery of the whole settlement opportunity / deadline.

Has anyone that hasn't registered asked the question?

Comment

Working...
                      X