• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM permissiion

Admin,

As I former Edge employee please permission me for PM so that I can make contact with the Edge EBT groups.

Many thanks.

Comment

letter

Hi there I have a copy,it was compiled by a barrister on behalf of Norla I believe.
      I'll and see how to upload this.

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
      Hi - this is a plea to the forum administrators.

I am looking for a copy of a letter that was sent informing me that the Edge arrangements were being investigated. I'm sure I received at least 3 of these between 2006 and 2011 - the last one was in 2011.

I'm pretty sure I saw on a thread (probably not this one) someone had copied the letter in a post. I've tried many an advanced search - all to no avail. One problem being that I can't seem to search for a phrase, and to be honest I'd be racking my brain to think of a phrase to look for.

I'd be looking for a thread discussing EBTs etc with a big post as the letter was copied word for word.

Can anyone help?

I would like to know what HMRC discovered during these investigations. If they found anything - why did they not tell us. If they didn't find anything - well that could pose a few interesting questions. I know Edge asked Advantage accounts to deal with any enquiries from HMRC. Advantage accounts in turn passed the job on to Covertax - but they had no absolutely no contact from HMRC and the relationship between Edge/Advantage and CoverTax was wound up in 2013

Comment

Pm Permision

Hi there can I be counted in for PM Permission.

Comment

Originally posted by lutkeg View Post
          Hi there can I be counted in for PM Permission.
          You now have access to the PM system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobayashi View Post
            Admin,

As I former Edge employee please permission me for PM so that I can make contact with the Edge EBT groups.

Many thanks.
            You now have access to the PM system too!

Comment

Ex Edge Employee with APN

Came home from work this evening to find the dreaded brown envelope on the doormat.

No surprises, it's an APN.

I'll talk to my accountant first thing. He's pretty switched on and quite happy to have a dust up with HMRC. If on the unlikely chance he suggests anything which so far hasn't been mentioned, should I post back on here with my findings or do we need to keep some of this out of the public eye?

Comment

Originally posted by DKB View Post
                Came home from work this evening to find the dreaded brown envelope on the doormat.

I'll talk to my accountant first thing. He's pretty switched on and quite happy to have a dust up with HMRC. If on the unlikely chance he suggests anything which so far hasn't been mentioned, should I post back on here with my findings or do we need to keep some of this out of the public eye?
                May I please ask if you had a notice letter first saying there was an APN on the way? If so how long in between that and receiving that actual APN? Is it for all years (assuming you were more than one or individual?) Thank you.
                Last edited by fielder; 27 April 2015, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by DKB View Post

and i wonder did you ever request a calculation of tax from HMRC since first recieving the settlement opportunity?

Whats the general concensus here, i have always read (and many times) that requesting a calculation does not have an adverse effect on their focus upon you say, as opposed to plainly ignoring HMRC all together and not making contact with them.

Comment

PM Access

Hello, I'm a former EBT client. May i please have PM access.

Comment

Hello, I was also with Edge/ Norla a few year back, please can I also have PM access, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X