• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I opted in the prepack Settlement offer through CH Services which use cobham Murphy. I noticed everyone was getting there SO letters but I didn't get one, I contacted CH services and they assured me it will arrive and now there support has ended, I called HMRC and they told me I'm not on the list for the SO. CH Services now not responding and Cobhsm Murphy is just not interested, what can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by badzmaru View Post
      Hi, I opted in the prepack Settlement offer through CH Services which use cobham Murphy. I noticed everyone was getting there SO letters but I didn't get one, I contacted CH services and they assured me it will arrive and now there support has ended, I called HMRC and they told me I'm not on the list for the SO. CH Services now not responding and Cobhsm Murphy is just not interested, what can I do?
      You can still register as an individual, but you have to do this by 30th June. Just call the SO line again and tell them you want to register. You will then have until 30th September (as it stands) to come to an agreement and sign up to it.
      You are not obliged to take the offer of settling, just because you register interest.
      Last edited by regron; 23 June 2015, 13:25.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by badzmaru View Post
        What do you want to do - settle or not settle / fight back?

Settle = you now have to do deal with HMRC yourself as Regron suggests, as Contractor Helpdesk messed up for you. You didn't need CH to do it for you anyway - they were the same folk that ran the Sanzar scheme (and Garraway and Darwin etc) and were effectively just getting you off their books as quickly as possible under the pretense of supporting you.

To fight back = join the private group (PM me) and/or the Big Group.

If you are unaware of either of these options then you need to put more effort in and read this forum in more detail. At least 2-3 hours of effort. Not just sit there asking for help and for somebody to spoon feed it.

Comment

Thanks Old Kent Road, I've already decided to settle but wasn't sure if it's worth chasing them as there prepack SO might have a better deal with HMRC but your view is better to just go direct to HMRC.

Comment

Access

Please can I have admin rights to post PM.

Comment

Forum newbie

Just joined this forum as was with Sanzar 2008/9.

Left it late but considering the various options : APN/ SO/ Big Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                Please can I have admin rights to post PM.
                You now have access to the PM system!

Comment

Access Request

Hi,

Can you please grant me access to PM Old Kent Road so that I can join the private forum

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                    Just joined this forum as was with Sanzar 2008/9.

Left it late but considering the various options : APN/ SO/ Big Group.
                    APN is not an option. It's a demand with menaces from HMRC for an alleged amount of tax due. If you get one, short of the conditions not being met, you need to arrange to pay it at some point in the not too distant future.

SO is an option. register and look at the numbers you are sent back. HMRC say you have to agree by the end of September but I suspect that they may be late.

Big Group is a means to continue the fight whether you chose to get a SO number or not.

Sanzar group (Old Kent Road) is an option although you will have to ask him about their strategy. You can belong to both groups.

Litigation group. There may well be one if this is your chosen route. You can (and probably should if funds permit) join all three groups as this keeps your options open.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I have had an APN warning letter but have no open enquiry. Year ending 4/11. No open enquiry I think means no opportunity for HMRC as date has been missed. Can't find my tax return for that year.....If I failed to file, am I still in the clear for that year or do I still have a problem. Would appreciate any insight to this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                      X