• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries for EBT Loans from Cascade London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC

HMRC are still in the process of issuing assessments (this latest round began in August 2013) to ensure there is an open appeal or enquiry in place which will enable them to implement the new proposed legislation relating to the issue of Failure and Payment notices with penalties for late payment or non-compliance.

You have been warned, so prepare now.

Also, send a letter to your Member of Parliament objecting to these proposals.

Comment

Hi all - does anyone have a ballpark figure for the amount hmrc are asking for? I have seen the accrued interest calculator, but is there a rough figure for the base amount they believe is owed? i.e. 40% plus interest?

I have a discovery letter only, but want to get a rough idea of what might be coming

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xar18 View Post
        Hi all - does anyone have a ballpark figure for the amount hmrc are asking for? I have seen the accrued interest calculator, but is there a rough figure for the base amount they believe is owed? i.e. 40% plus interest?

I have a discovery letter only, but want to get a rough idea of what might be coming

Thanks!
        No comment
        Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Need to contact Hamilton Trust

Hi All can anyone please give me a telephone number or web address for Hamilton Trust the EBT provider I have received the dreaded demand and need to contact them to appeal

thanks a million

Spud

Comment

Originally posted by spudtaylor11 View Post
            Hi All can anyone please give me a telephone number or web address for Hamilton Trust the EBT provider I have received the dreaded demand and need to contact them to appeal
            Spud
            That's not the right way to go about this. You should speak to whoever introduced you to the scheme (I guess the company whose name appears in the title of this thread).
            What you want to make is a representation, not an appeal. APN offer no possibility of appeal.
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
            X