• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nubie View Post
    If there is a deal at the table surely this means the HMRC are not that confident otherwise they would issue a closure notice , take you to court and get the money owed. If they are legally correct then why would they offer a deal.
    AIUI the Schemes are legal, and have a valid purpose. It's your right to use them that's in dispute.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sanzar

Hi Lorry do we know who is representing people using the Sanzar solution? Just received my letter today

Originally posted by lorry View Post
      I emailed [email protected] and they instantly responded with guidelines and advice on what to do next

Comment

Sanzar

The Revenue will have been notified by Sanzar on the forms P11D each year as to the amount of the loans, and also that the loans were "forgiven" or "discharged", so they should know the amounts to charge tax on.

Comment

Originally posted by tantitan View Post
          Hi Lorry do we know who is representing people using the Sanzar solution? Just received my letter today
          Hi I too received letter from HMRC yesterday for 2009/2010 tax year. Was with sanzar solutions during that period. Wrote to CH and based on reply looks like the best recourse is to appeal?..Even if it buys time, what to do except wait and watch. Am very nervous..

Comment

Is the rangers case doomed

w ww.broomfield.co.uk/2013/09/is-an-unresolved-ebt-a-potentially-expensive-bet/ - Is an unresolved EBT a potentially expensive bet? - Broomfield & Alexander - Broomfield & Alexander

I suppose there is different flavours of EBT so each needs to be investigated rather than tarring them all with the same brush?

Comment

Originally posted by ireland2013 View Post
              w ww.broomfield.co.uk/2013/09/is-an-unresolved-ebt-a-potentially-expensive-bet/ - Is an unresolved EBT a potentially expensive bet? - Broomfield & Alexander - Broomfield & Alexander

I suppose there is different flavours of EBT so each needs to be investigated rather than tarring them all with the same brush?
              But never fear - ALL EBT's will be treated with contempt on CUK forums.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ireland2013 View Post

In the article the following is stated:

The original decision in the Rangers case was expected to be a decided in favour of HMRC, but it went in favour of the taxpayer. However the dissenting judge in the Rangers case has delivered a detailed argument in favour of HMRC’s approach, meaning there is a reasonable probability that the argument will be followed in the appeal and HMRC will be successful, although the appeal will not be heard until January 2014 at the earliest.

Is it as straight-forward as this? If so what's the point of Rangers defending this if the odds are skewed in the favour of HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by turnover View Post
                  In the article the following is stated:

The original decision in the Rangers case was expected to be a decided in favour of HMRC, but it went in favour of the taxpayer. However the dissenting judge in the Rangers case has delivered a detailed argument in favour of HMRC’s approach, meaning there is a reasonable probability that the argument will be followed in the appeal and HMRC will be successful, although the appeal will not be heard until January 2014 at the earliest.

Is it as straight-forward as this? If so what's the point of Rangers defending this if the odds are skewed in the favour of HMRC?
                  Why is the Rangers EBT case continuously being raised on these forums? HMRC are not challenging the users of the Rangers EBT but the contributions paid into the trust by Rangers. The outcome of this case will have no bearing on any challenge currently being made by HMRC on users of contractor schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by porrker View Post
                    Why is the Rangers EBT case continuously being raised on these forums? HMRC are not challenging the users of the Rangers EBT but the contributions paid into the trust by Rangers. The outcome of this case will have no bearing on any challenge currently being made by HMRC on users of contractor schemes.
                    Does anyone know of any contractor loans scheme being successful in a Tribunal?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      But never fear - ALL EBT's will be treated with contempt on CUK forums.

And rightly so!
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X