• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Hi snurbs, I've given you the ability to PM now.
    Thanks WTFH!

It's working now.
    Last edited by snurbs; 14 September 2016, 13:40.

Comment

PM Access please

can you please give me PM access, i would like to join the forum, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by helpplease12 View Post
        can you please give me PM access, i would like to join the forum, thanks!
        Hi Helpplease12. You have PM rights now.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

PM Access Please

Hi, I'd like to join the private forum too.

Comment

Help! Ignorant fool in need...

Hi all,

An ignorant fool with a regular story for you.

I started contracting about 4 ½ years ago when life was in turmoil and I never even expected to start contracting. Thankfully life outside work is great.

• I started a contract at a huge UK company, their outside agency that dealt with Payroll recommended that I start using Bedouin as an umbrella.
            • Not knowing very much I started (there was also another guy at the client that used them).
            • Life went on for another 26 months… when finally after learning a lot more from Ltd Company contractors I decided to make the move. The main reason for this was the obvious long term benefits of being Ltd.
            • Its now 2016, and two weeks ago I received a self-assessment check letter from HMRC for my tax return for the year 14/15.
            • Unlucky for me as my return was file just UNDER a year after I got the letter.
            • I contacted Bedouin and they sent me a boiler plate letter and an outline of the loans with interest for just that year. The letter template they recommend I send back is drastically limited in providing information.
            • I have been frantically reading forums learning about the subject and am finally coming out of my shock and know that I need to do something as I need to respond by Nov 1st (not long to go).
            • I have contacted Cobham & Murphy – they are going to call me back, they assure me that Morag has a working relationship with the counter avoidance investigation (G Hall).
            • I have contact WTT and spoke to Rhys who was more than helpful.
            • Im looking for anyone else that may be able to help.

From my understanding my key questions that I have are:

1) Given I have been asked about a single tax year, is HMRC’s enquiry only about that year? And therefore I am free for the previous year?
            2) Given I was with Bedouin, who were not DOTAS, in 2016 is it guaranteed that I wont receive an APN
            3) In my situation whats a rough ball park % that I can work out my potential overall settlement? (I have no other income, just this).
            4) Does anyone know of any grounds that have successfully work in getting an overall tax reduction?
            5) Has anyone agreed a long term repayment plan as there is no way I can pay within 30 days? As the single earner with wife and 3 kids im pretty scared.
            6) Any overall recommendations of who to go with? I appreciate my options are to settle now or await a decision but the problem with the internet is that all information is mixed with old information. For example I have no idea if Bedouin as a scheme has been challenged successfully or not? They are also still operating as Integra/Target.

Apologies for the long post, I have read many from others… and now that I have woken up and know that I need to deal with this problem fast… I am now another person who has written one of these.

Thanks, Jack

Comment

PM Access Please

Hi - I am new, I heard there are private forums where people can talk openly... can I please have access?

Comment

Originally posted by JackBuckster View Post
                Hi - I am new, I heard there are private forums where people can talk openly... can I please have access?
                You should consider Big Group. Your questions will get answered there.

We don't post on open public forums since HMRC read them.
                http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                  You should consider Big Group. Your questions will get answered there.

We don't post on open public forums since HMRC read them.
                  Quick question and it may be a silly one so apologies in advance but how do you stop HMRC getting PM access to the private forums ? Is there some sort of validation for PM access ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackBuckster View Post
                    Hi all,

An ignorant fool with a regular story for you.

I started contracting about 4 ½ years ago when life was in turmoil and I never even expected to start contracting. Thankfully life outside work is great.

• I started a contract at a huge UK company, their outside agency that dealt with Payroll recommended that I start using Bedouin as an umbrella.

Best advice would be to join Big Group as people are around and willing to answer questions there.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
                      Quick question and it may be a silly one so apologies in advance but how do you stop HMRC getting PM access to the private forums ? Is there some sort of validation for PM access ?
                      Yes, there is a validation process to join Big Group.
                      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
                      X