• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had a meaningful response from AML yet on the back of this pre APN notice? I did email it over to them at their request but their only response was that they will contact me when they have an update. I'm assuming I'm not the first person to send one of these in to them so I would have thought they should already have some action in place?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Legal or illegal is irrelevant to whether an APN is issued.

If you say tax is X and HMRC says Y then Y is the APN.

The question of legality comes later when you get to Court.

Even then you may have done something entirely legal but your interpretation is not as good as somebody else's.
      Legality should also come in as HMRC did not had the power to ask for Y in the years HMRC is saying Y is due.
      Thus we are being throw under the bus for political profit - illegally and no one should ever vote conservatives (even though labour might not be any better but it is conservatives pushing us under the bus)

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Indeed. We're thrown under the bus for political profit.
        Political profit,,, its just because Mr Cameron wants to show that has recovered funds from British Public to win this BLOODY election ... on peoples lives ....

I have worked in Public sector projects and I have seen to so called civil servents spend money on stupid stuff... just because next years budget should be lowered...

An MP who wants to attend HOUSE of Common travels by first class train or flight, where as we tax payers cycle or buy an old car to cover our travel time

" above all we are quite and tollerating these" next government would say self employment is illegal ...

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
          Has anyone had a meaningful response from AML yet on the back of this pre APN notice? I did email it over to them at their request but their only response was that they will contact me when they have an update. I'm assuming I'm not the first person to send one of these in to them so I would have thought they should already have some action in place?
          like you I have sent those notices to AML.. awaiting response :-( ... I could not focus at work nor at home...

Comment

Got mine today too. Forwarding to AML...praying hard.

Comment

Opportunity to participate in an APN judicial review

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2075534

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Opportunity to participate in an APN judicial review

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2075534
                Thanks very much, that's very kind of you to go to the effort, but I can't even afford that. The only thing I can do now is hope that AML actually keep their word. Otherwise I'm screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCalledMeMrDennis View Post
                  Thanks very much, that's very kind of you to go to the effort, but I can't even afford that. The only thing I can do now is hope that AML actually keep their word. Otherwise I'm screwed.
                  If you don't join in with the JR, HMRC will definitely be knocking on your door.
                  Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                  http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                    If you don't join in with the JR, HMRC will definitely be knocking on your door.
                    I just don't have that sort of money. I live pay day to pay day and it never lasts the month. Nor have I any assets to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCalledMeMrDennis View Post
                      I just don't have that sort of money. I live pay day to pay day and it never lasts the month. Nor have I any assets to sell.
                      Somehow you need to get a professional advisor to deal with HMRC on your behalf.

In the end, they can't take what you ain't got but you will have to deal with them or their debt collectors. Either way you must get a pro to deal with it.
                      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X