• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustees

Does anyone know who the trustees are/were for ASIOM? I believe it used to be Walbrook who I think are now owned by Barclays. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by frodo View Post
      Does anyone know who the trustees are/were for ASIOM? I believe it used to be Walbrook who I think are now owned by Barclays. Can anyone confirm?
      Yes, definitely Walbrook - here's some info I have from an old email...

ASL (IOM) LTD EBT
      Walbrook Employer Solutions ASL ([email protected])
      21/06/2006
      [email protected]

Kind Regards,
      JONATHAN EMERY
      For Walbrook Trustees (IOM) Limited
      As Trustee of the Assignment Solutions (IOM) Ltd.
      Employment Benefit Trust

---------------------------------

May 2007:
      Barclays to acquire offshore fiduciary Walbrook Group | Private Equity Wire
      https://www.pehub.com/2007/05/hermes...albrook-group/

June 2014
      Barclays puts its fiduciary services business up for sale

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
        Yes, definitely Walbrook - here's some info I have from an old email...

ASL (IOM) LTD EBT
        Walbrook Employer Solutions ASL ([email protected])
        21/06/2006
        [email protected]

Kind Regards,
        JONATHAN EMERY
        For Walbrook Trustees (IOM) Limited
        As Trustee of the Assignment Solutions (IOM) Ltd.
        Employment Benefit Trust

---------------------------------

May 2007:
        Barclays to acquire offshore fiduciary Walbrook Group | Private Equity Wire
        https://www.pehub.com/2007/05/hermes...albrook-group/

June 2014
        Barclays puts its fiduciary services business up for sale
        Thank you Mrs B.

Comment

Thank you Mrs B.
          Are you thinking of chasing them up?

Comment

Are you thinking of chasing them up?
            For now just wanted to know who they were. If I consider settling then it would be prudent to have the loans written off.

Comment

Just heard back from a tax advisor who I asked to look into my case. They've advised me to settle - the main reason being that taking it to tribunal would be a lengthy and expensive exercise where the costs would likely exceed the settlement amount (<£10k). They said that HMRC had won some tribunal cases against schemes with a similar setup to ASIOM.

I've gone back to them with some questions and will update the thread with their reply.

< sigh >

Comment

For now just wanted to know who they were. If I consider settling then it would be prudent to have the loans written off.
                I was reading the Edge scheme thread and AlCapone advised someone that they should get the loans written off first, before settling.

Comment

County court money claims centre

I received a letter from HMRC a few months ago detailing a request they sent to the County court money claims centre. This month I received a 'General Form of Judgment or Order' from the court, adjourning the case to allow for 'the statutory appeals procedure to determine the liability of the defendant'.

Is this just a standard part of the process? I'm worried that an APN is about to drop through my letter box.

By the way I'm not a contractor and the claim is against my Ltd co, not me personally.

Comment

I was reading the Edge scheme thread and AlCapone advised someone that they should get the loans written off first, before settling.
                    Thanks Mrs B. Were you with ASIOM? Have you looked into getting the loans written off?
                    Last edited by frodo; 29 January 2015, 10:30. Reason: typo

Comment

Just wondering if anyone was aware of this. I was under the impression that the 'fighting fund' that we paid into (from our fees) had vanished along with Premier.

Many of the clients of Tenon are unaware, that part of undertaking certain tax strategies that have been transacted, funds were set aside and have been allocated to third party legal firms in order to provide a group defence in the event of any challenge by HMRC. We know this and we work with former clients to Tenon to ensure that, if you had paid into this fund, that you have access to this group defence. This is a separate fund and the legal firms are independent business to both RSM Tenon and Premier Strategies.

Pasted from Positive (and not cynical) help to former Tenon-Premier Strategies SME Clients | MGC Hayles

Comment

Working...
                      X