• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlCapone View Post
    Thanks for this. Sorry one more quick question. If you pay the closure notice can you pay this in installments and are you entitiled to the money back plus interest should HMRC lose?
    Once you settle - it's final - you can't ever get the money back should HMRC lose, nor can they come after you for more if they win and the judgement indicates more would have been due (not sure how likely that is anyway).

In terms of instalments - probably, but it's hard to work it out in advance. The main issue is that it's split into two different departments. One department determines if you owe any money - and then they hand it off to another department who enforce collection.

Firstly you have to agree to the fact that you owe money - and then - you can ask the collector for time to pay. As a matter of course, I don't think you can lock-in the collection arrangements in advance of accepting the CN - although I could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by centurian; 30 September 2014, 17:27.

Comment

Settle?

I'm curious to get a feeling for the general consensus here. Is anyone considering settling? Would be intetrested to hear folks' views on the pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
        You are not alone!

A great deal of work is and has been done to support contractors in other very similar arrangements and those doing that work, myself included, are willing to share the benefit of it with those formerly employed by Assignment Solutions. This has not previously been available to former ASIOM employees because we have had no way of identifying or contacting you (for reasons that shall be apparent if you follow the instructions below).

If you received loans from ASIOM and have either an open enquiry or discovery assessment from HMRC in respect of those years please send an email [email protected] providing your full name and address, loans received and the tax years under enquiry or assessment and arrangements will be made to give you access to a secure website containing a large amount of advice and information on the issue and your options. That includes either the current Settlement Opportunity or litigation, for which arrangements are being made.

Simply posting here or DM'ing me will not get you that help.

There will be no cost to you for being given access to that advice and information.

If you have no open enquiry (typically opened under s9A TMA 1970) or discovery assessment you can relax. HMRC cannot now assess or collect income tax in respect of loans made by the ASIOM EBT. They are out of time to do so.
        Has anyone had much luck contacting the above?

Comment

I got an email back saying a login would be sent to me. I haven't received anything yet, certainly not access to some large body of information. I did think, since HMRC has all this information, it's not the end of the world to provide it to someone else. I hope I am proved right.

Comment

Any replies received yet? Is there *any* chance the scheme provider will help us?

I used the ASIOM / DMS scheme briefly 06/07 and having just gone back through all my tax paperwork came across an open enquiry CoP8 letter. Damn

So I'm guessing my next step is to fill in the DO3 form and request a settlement calculation (without prejudice).

@Lady Penelope - I saw some posts from you on another thread - did the calculation you received from HMRC make sense? Have you decided what you're going to do?

Thanks
            Last edited by MrsB1974; 26 November 2014, 09:43.

Comment

I've just seen this article, which says that Assignment Solutions has morphed into K2:

http://www.pressawards.org.uk/userfi...0838-01927.pdf

Mr Woodall said that K2 changed its name every few years in order to avoid the tax liabilities building up. “Before K2 it was Hamilton.Before Hamilton it
              was Penfolds. Before Penfolds it was Assignment Solutions.”

K2 has been used by Jimmy Carr and targeted by hector... which I'm guessing means we've got no hope?

Comment

Hello? Anyone there??

Does the Assignment Solutions scheme have a DOTAS number?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
                  Hello? Anyone there??

Does the Assignment Solutions scheme have a DOTAS number?
                  Yes it's 71676485

Comment

Yes it's 71676485
                    Thanks Al. So ASIOM is on the list (Jan '15). The effect being that we could be issued with an APN?
                    Last edited by MrsB1974; 16 December 2014, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
                      Thanks Al. So ASIOM is on the list (Jan '15). The effect being that we could be issued with an APN?
                      Yes unfortunately I think that may be the case

Comment

Working...
                      X