• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasman View Post
    They should , some if not all of the people previously worked for Sunday solutions apparently. My business manager now works there. His initials are NJ.

I'd be VERY wary of FL.
    Ah, is that what happened to NJ.. He actually seemed one of the good guys early on, i thought he had seen sense and got right out of it all.. I've been with Fleming Laing, and they've been just as evasive as SS, despite insisting they were only trying to help sort out the mess.

Comment

Hey I wonder if these people read/watch this thread? I bet they do!
      Have a good laugh won't you!

I am more wary of FL than I was yesterday but now I am satisfied.
      As they said to me when I worked in Military Intelligence.
      "When there's a doubt there is no doubt."
      Meaning if you suspect something is wrong it will be.
      For this reason and others to do with timing I am going to leave FL well alone and suggest to all of you that you do the same.

Another relevant quote is.
      Fool me once shame on you
      Fool me twice shame on me!

Comment

Originally posted by MarthaT View Post
        Ah, is that what happened to NJ.. He actually seemed one of the good guys early on, i thought he had seen sense and got right out of it all.. I've been with Fleming Laing, and they've been just as evasive as SS, despite insisting they were only trying to help sort out the mess.
        They all seemed good early on. There are so many people common to all the companies it defies belief that all of them are unaware of what's going on. Interesting to note that Von Essen are shutting up shop in the UK at the end of this month - I hope that we aren't about to be joined by more disgruntled contractors unaware of what has gone before

Comment

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
          They all seemed good early on. There are so many people common to all the companies it defies belief that all of them are unaware of what's going on. Interesting to note that Von Essen are shutting up shop in the UK at the end of this month - I hope that we aren't about to be joined by more disgruntled contractors unaware of what has gone before :(
          I was with Von Essen and got the notification from them. My contract through them ended at the end of November, the partnership accounts were with me within 10 days, I was quite happy with them and the balance was paid over to me within 2 days of me returning the approval. No complaints about VE from me.

Comment

Don't give HMRC too much

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
            Thunderstruck - I think i've misunderstood the previous posts! What you've described there is what I intend to do. I also plan to submit a figure higher than the one provided by Bradbury, one I can verify with my bank statements.
            Don't forget that you have personal expenses that you can claim against the 2008-9 profit. Why report higher profits than Bradbury and Co Limited?

Also if you need to adjust tax return an amendment can be made within 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
              Don't forget that you have personal expenses that you can claim against the 2008-9 profit. Why report higher profits than Bradbury and Co Limited?

Also if you need to adjust tax return an amendment can be made within 12 months.
              There's not a big difference to be honest between what Bradbury claim I am due from the Partnership and the amount I received in my bank account. I feel more comfortable using a draft figure I can prove myself without having to put up with s*it from Bradbury. Plus I don't have copies of my expenses which were sent to Sunday.

If the situation changes over the next few months I can always make a change to the figures. I received a letter from HMRC yesterday after I wrote to them 3 months ago, they don't seem terribly interested and advised me to use draft figures and make changes when I have the correct ones.

Comment

Sunday/Bradbury

Hi

I would also like to join the Sunday/Bradbury action group.

Has anybody actually received a payment for undistributed profits?

Comment

Sunday/Bradbury

Just found this thread after searching for the contact details of Bradbury & Co. Turns out they have not made payments to the HMRC for me and I have a liability of about 10k, just like most of the posts on here I can't get in touch with them. I called the HMRC and they confirmed the partnership existed but there was no record of me being in that partnership...has anyone else discovered they weren't registered as a partner? If so what was your course of action? What figures did you submit on your Tax return? Can someone add me to the action group? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by thunder_struck View Post
                    Hey hi. I have already submitted my returns with that approach. I dont think we have any other choice than that looking at 31st so close.

I did not understand your concern? Why will HMRC think it is in addition to what i declared? I have submitted as self employed partner and have given partnership details as well. (UTR and name of the partnership). So if Bradbury submits partnership returns with lower figure they will be queried and not me. If HMRC queries me at all, i can say i have paid tax on what i got in hand and can prove it. I obviously paid more tax than what Bradbury account show me to file against. I am not going to accept bradbury accounts as those are all completely useless accounts made up to make their losses.

I now need to think how can we get our tax retention money back from Bradbury. But honestly have no major hopes. But will give it try anyways.

Thanks and best Luck to you.
                    Where did you find the UTR and name of Partnership?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Surrey Labs View Post
                      I have received the 08/09 accounts and I have not approved them.
                      If you hadn't responded within 14 days of receiving the accounts, (mine was sent 2 weeks later than the dated accounts) they took it as accepting them if you read the letter properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X