• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biggles_1 View Post
    OK,

So with the "Fees" being so high (Mine were £5-6k more than quoted!) how do you see this should be progressed and what do we use for the figures on our tax returns? I understand the joint bit of the partnership agreement but don't see how my total deductions from my invoiced amount can total 16% before I have even looked at paying Tax/NI etc.

I thought that was the whole reason that we were grouped into partnerships of similar individuals with similar expenses etc.
    The fees are nonsense., I was only with them for 7 months of the last tax year and they have charged me over 14K in fees. This is over 10K more than it should be. I have an email from Sunday giving revised retention figures for me just a few weeks before I left which clearly state that the fees are at 6% and 'include all fees'.

I plan to go through the accounts figure by figure and do my own calculations.

On my tax return I have instructed my accountants to include the fees as they should have been at 6%.

Comment

Originally posted by safcmike View Post
      The fees are nonsense., I was only with them for 7 months of the last tax year and they have charged me over 14K in fees. This is over 10K more than it should be. I have an email from Sunday giving revised retention figures for me just a few weeks before I left which clearly state that the fees are at 6% and 'include all fees'.

I plan to go through the accounts figure by figure and do my own calculations.

On my tax return I have instructed my accountants to include the fees as they should have been at 6%.
      Hi safcmike,

That's fine but the lower fees will increase your taxable amount and increase the tax you have to pay surely? That is only a benefit if Bradbury/Sunday actually sort themselves out and return the over retained fees back.

Has anyone found any information on Jones Tilley and Co yet as it looks like that is the new version of Bradbury.

One other thing I noticed is the name on the top of the receipt from when my money was released is Carmen Cox. Is this the same for anyone else? I am guessing that it is one of two things. Either someone who does the Barclays banking service in which case it is a dead end or they are to do with the partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles_1 View Post
        Hi safcmike,

That's fine but the lower fees will increase your taxable amount and increase the tax you have to pay surely? That is only a benefit if Bradbury/Sunday actually sort themselves out and return the over retained fees back.

Has anyone found any information on Jones Tilley and Co yet as it looks like that is the new version of Bradbury.

One other thing I noticed is the name on the top of the receipt from when my money was released is Carmen Cox. Is this the same for anyone else? I am guessing that it is one of two things. Either someone who does the Barclays banking service in which case it is a dead end or they are to do with the partnership.

Sorry maybe I should have explained myself a little better, I resigned from the partnership in November 2008 and was paid back all the retained tax (woefully short I may add). Therefore I am in the happy position of not needing a penny back from them. I should point out that when I left there was no mention of outstanding fees so I consider it VERY dubious legally to come back a full year later with additional fees.

Therefore I'm happy to put in the realistic fees in my tax return as its the correct tax to pay and correlates with what they were supposed to retain.

I would think its better to pay the correct ammount to the tax man than to line the pockets of the cowboys at Sunday with stupid fees.

Comment

"I consider it VERY dubious legally to come back a full year later with additional fees"

I'm in the same position, I think they will try to recover the money but I've got a lot of documentation which I think should cover me. For a start I'd want to see copies of the partnership bank accounts along with any invoices, receipts etc. I don't expect to ever see this but also don't think a court would think I was being unreasonable asking to see it.

Then there is the legitamacy of the partnerships, like me you will have never met the other partners, the administrators or have be given access to the bank accounts.

I'm more than happy to tell my story if anyone applies to the courts for a judgement against me. Any debt collectors have to apply to the courts before balliffs can be sent.

I'm also unsure who it is that would chase for payment, I don't think Bradbury can do it because we all have plenty of documentation where they state they are accountants and not administrators.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
            "I consider it VERY dubious legally to come back a full year later with additional fees"

I'm in the same position, I think they will try to recover the money but I've got a lot of documentation which I think should cover me. For a start I'd want to see copies of the partnership bank accounts along with any invoices, receipts etc. I don't expect to ever see this but also don't think a court would think I was being unreasonable asking to see it.

Then there is the legitamacy of the partnerships, like me you will have never met the other partners, the administrators or have be given access to the bank accounts.

I'm more than happy to tell my story if anyone applies to the courts for a judgement against me. Any debt collectors have to apply to the courts before balliffs can be sent.

I'm also unsure who it is that would chase for payment, I don't think Bradbury can do it because we all have plenty of documentation where they state they are accountants and not administrators.

I have spent a very fruitful hour going through these figures and working them out for myself. I have managed to find every penny of the 14K they believe I owe them and in fact it shows they owe me about 14 quid !!

I have written an email to Bradburys telling them that I have done this and saying that I prepared to forego the 14 quid as a goodwill gesture. I also told them that they have 14 days to respond to my mail or I will assume that they accept my arguements and I will consider the matter closed.

Whats good for the goose...

Ultimately Bradburys are trying to scare enough people to accept the accounts so that they can recover enough money to make up for 'shortfalls'. Hence the stupidly inflated fees. I seriously doubt the partnership administrators have the capabilities of chasing up individual accounts on the sort of scale we are talking about here. If enough people stand up and reject the accounts they are stuffed.

Comment

Hi,

I like most people here have not had a good time with Sunday / Bradbury dynamic duo.

My story in brief. They submitted 2007/8 tax in Jan 2009 and I was told to donate a further £440 which I did. They then informed me that there were big mistakes and that everything would be recalculated. I then get a nice email from Mr. Taxman telling me I owe £16k, which pleased me imensly. I did have limited sucess at contacting Andrew Niri and a contractor they employed to get them out of the mess. That was back in May 2009.

I picked up this problem again a few weeks ago and checked with the Tax Man if everything had been paid and was releived to hear that it was. My quick calculations however indicate that I am owed about £1k from the partnership and as you can imagine, I can put that money to much better use than they can so would like it in my account rather than theirs.

Last week I got an mail like some of you asking to confirm the accounts. Well, as they hadn't bothered to send me them and not supplying a link to confirm makes it a bit difficult to accept even if they were correct.

Add insult to injury, I get another email from them last week saying that I've been a valued customer in the past and would I be interested in using their services in the future. Once I'd stopped laughing and my eyes cleared I wrote back telling them that I wanted my money back etc. Today, I get an sms saying that if I am still interested, someone will call me this week, so I thought I'd go along with this said I was. The call will supposedly be made to me tomorrow lunch time.

Stay tuned, I'll let you all know how it goes!!

Hank

Comment

A small point

What if while the mice had my money all of those months ago the mice put somewhere ?and it got lost ot they can't get it back? and say they did that lots of times? They did not mean to lose it but they did and now instead of letting me and everyone else know they have lost it they decided to charge me for "looking after " it. That way the Brad mice don't have to own up to losing my money somewhere !!! And nobody needs to know what really happened to the money do they !

Any way that is just a thought for you to think about .

Comment

My last hope of discovering who the administrators are is by checking the 07/08 tax return submitted by Bradbury for my partnership. No one else seems very interested, Police, Barclays, Trading Standards etc.

Comment

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...20106/page.pdf

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division) Companies
                    Court No 19527 of 2009
                    In the Matter of SUNDAY WEALTH MANAGEMENT LIMITED
                    (Company Number 5929062)
                    and in the Matter of the The Insolvency Act, 1986
                    A Petition to wind up the above-named company of 6 Bath Road,
                    Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1NW presented on 12 October 2009 by Job
                    Board Enterprises Limited of 41-44 Great Windmill Street, London
                    W1D 7NB claiming to be a Creditor of the company will be heard at
                    Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL on 2 December
                    2009 at 10.30 am (or as soon thereafter as the petition can be heard).
                    Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the petition (whether
                    to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the
                    petitioner or his/its solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 16.00
                    hours on 1 December 2009.
                    The petitioners solicitor is Joshua Fineman, Legal Department, SThree,
                    Ground Floor, Dexter House, 2 Royal Mint Court, London EC3N
                    4QN (Ref:JMF/ITJ/Sunday) (975366)
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
                      What if while the mice had my money all of those months ago the mice put somewhere ?and it got lost ot they can't get it back? and say they did that lots of times? They did not mean to lose it but they did and now instead of letting me and everyone else know they have lost it they decided to charge me for "looking after " it. That way the Brad mice don't have to own up to losing my money somewhere !!! And nobody needs to know what really happened to the money do they !

Any way that is just a thought for you to think about .
                      That is exactly what I thought.

Except for the mice bit !!

Comment

Working...
                      X