• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LazyAss View Post
    Aussie Battler,

I'm also a victim of the Sunday 'Solutions' and was a member of the Faller Cooper partnership. I'm owed £5k by Bradbury for the 08/09 tax year.

Interestingly, the last partnership agreement I received on 18th May 2008, only listed 2 people in the partnership. Therefore, if you are the other person and we are both owed money, what is to be made of Bradbury's statement regarding over paying of other partners as a reason for the missing funds?
    Each partnership probably had 20 partners - you just didn't see the ones after you that were added. The overpayment excuse was just one of many used to buy them time so pointless dwelling on it. Try to grab the movie Boiler Room if you can - somebody recommended it to me to explain what we've been through and it is a real eye opener.
    Last edited by FeedtheKids; 31 January 2010, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by plnrmatt View Post
      Was anyone else a partner of Shaftoe Lunsford?
      I am a member of Shaftoe Lunsford, you should join the Action Group by emailing [email protected]. There are 3 other people from the Partnership that have joined the group.

Comment

Contact details

Originally posted by geoffe View Post
        Not sure if this helps, but I have the name and a recent phone number of one of the previous Sunday Directors - haven't tried it yet, difficult because I'm now in a very different time zone - if I establish any contact, I will post back to this forum.
        Can U pls post the contact details of this Sunday Director... I would like to contact them...

Comment

same boat

hi all,
          im in the same boat.

got a call from the accountant assigned to me by Von Essen after this debacle started middle of last year.

Told me that tax liability was 16k. looks like ill have to pay it.

did anyone here belong to the alfano partnership at all?

this was my first foray into contracting using an umbrella and have been royally stung.

any information or support would be much appreciated!

Scared!

by the way could someone tell me how to PM?

Comment

DC Alastair Quinn

For anyone interested, one of the earlier posts mentioned contacting DC Alastair Quinn.
            I got the following back from him this morning:

Re: Police Investigation.
            I have received a message that you have been trying to contact me in relation to Bradbury & Co/Sunday Solutions. I can inform you that we (Police) are not currently investigating this matter. We were asked to look at the companies last year and after thorough consideration, it was felt that it was a civil matter.

If you disagree, you will need to write to the Criminal Investigation Department, Bath Police Station, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JN and explain exactly why you think it is a crime.

Sincerely,

Alastair QUINN DC2788

Bath CID Team 3

I've got ongoing investigations with several departments at the moment, and will post any information/useful contacts as and when I get them.

i was part of the Hyatt Van Dyke partnership. I've spoken with Barclays in Stoke Gifford branch who confirm the account is still active there but I can't find out anything more about the account, needless to say my name is not listed as one of the partners there and I need to contact someone called Andrew Macintyre?
            They owe me around £10-11k+.
            I unfortunately had an unsympathetic person from the inland revenue and had to take a loan out to cover my tax return for 08/09. As I'm not currently working that money would come in handy right about now...

Comment

I have just spoken with the SFO (Serious Fraud Office) and they have asked me to send in the details, why I think a fraudulent offence has been commited and then names of anyone on there.
              They say they only deal with frauds commited above £1m. Now from the sounds of this forum and a couple of others there are up to 1500 of us affected with varying amounts which I think would easily take it past the £1m mark. If enough of us contact them, perhaps we can get somewhere with this, if nothing else at least try and get the people responsible brought to justice.
              Their address is:
              [email protected]
              Ph: 0207 239 7388

Comment

official receiver

if there is an official receiver it might help somewhat i guess.

Anyone have any idea how to find out the best way to contact them and get involved?

Comment

sunday in administration

I have just made a phone call to the government insolvency line.

Sunday solutions are still operating as per normal. No instruction has been given re: official receiver.

Bradbury & co did not even appear in their lists of companies.

Looks like we are back to square one.

Comment

Shall we dance, The Side Step Shuffle perhaps.....?

Received this email.
                    So much for 3-6 months before they can sort out the accounts that I did not approve....

Dear XXXXX

RE: (partnership name) – Client Account

Further to our ongoing correspondence regarding your Partnership Accounts, Bradbury has now completed our works and contractual obligations with your partnership and has submitted all statutory documentation to HMRC. We would report that your Partnership has now ceased trading; all partners within your Partnership have now resigned. Bradbury’s contractual obligations with your Partnership have now been satisfied.

For the avoidance of doubt (as previously advised), Bradbury is not responsible for individual partners 08/09 – 09/10 Self Assessment Tax Returns. Therefore each partner should instruct a new accountant and Bradbury will forward your relevant files accordingly. In facilitating the handover process, Bradbury will continue to support enquiries from you’re appointed accountant but will not be answering individual consultant questions other than via email.

An independent third-party administrator will be appointed to facilitate any final payments due to partners from the partnership, without prejudice. This independent administrator will contact you shortly to officially complete the closure of your Partnership and any distribution of funds due, accordingly.

We would take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but would confirm that as accountants, Bradbury & Co provide information and accountancy related services, but DO NOT hold or control partnership funds and cannot therefore authorise the release of funds from the Partnerships.

We would therefore request your patience in this matter and advise that you await contact from the appointed administrator in due course.

Whilst writing we should like to confirm that it will be necessary to pass on individual’s names and contact information to allow the appointed administrator to make contact with you. Should you not wish Bradbury and Co to divulge your details then please advise us of this, by contacting us at [email protected] and stating ‘Decline issue of personal details’ in the subject box.
                    Kind Regards
                    Bradbury & Co

Well I guess that sucks then.
                    How can they finalise Partnership accounts when we have not approved our own parts?

Although I have to shoulder some responsibility for my ignorance in this, I really blame the Govt for screwing up the system when they introduced IR35. If it hadnt been for that I would still be with my previous account running my own Ltd Co and NONE of this would have happened.

Not only do the Agencies screw us over on rates (they should be made to publish their charges) but now we have unregulated cowboys screwing us over too.

Where is the Justice?
                    Last edited by icekoolms; 1 February 2010, 11:19. Reason: spelling

Comment

complaint made to watchdog

figured it cant hurt at all. by my count at least a 1000 of us are in the same boat. i dont beleive for a second that they have mislaid that much money so i figured that if we complain to watchdog (if alot of us do that by filling in the online form) they will at least be investigated.

also wondering if any of you want to club together to get a solicitor involved. i for one want to fast track the resolution to this issue because having this on my head isnt conducive to a happy life!

Comment

Working...
                      X