• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradbury & Sunday solutions - PLEASE READ

For anyone like me who is owed 08/09 partnership profit funds from this mess we are in, register a complaint ASAP with Companies House and also ask the HMRC advisor you happen to speak to on the phone for an email address to pass the details of situation and company details of Bradbury & Sunday Wealth Management/Solutions on to.

I have done this and got a reply back from the HMRC saying this has been passed to the Fraud department for review (or equivalent).

If we all did this, it would get noticed and more importantly Companies House will not allow Bradbury to go into receivership, thus being a limited liabiltity company - we will not get out money back if that happened.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 29 January 2010, 10:35.

Comment

Yes another 1 suffering

I have got Fleming Laings accountants to do my tax return. Currently it shows i owe 14k to the HMRC.
      They have advised me to send in my tax return as being provisional as i have rejected Bradburys partnership accounts
      what they did advise was that i talk to HMRC asap before the deadline of 31st of january as they will be more sympathetic in your payment of the tax owed and no ability to pay!
      I have alrwady joined the action group and are awaiting details but i have already contact BBC Watchdog.
      I have email fleming Laing to see if they can do more, and email Bradbury to query the fees.
      Tomorrow i will ring the police, as this is massive fraud!!

Any more ideas? and how will HMRC react!

Comment

Hi,

I have also been stuffed by sunday/bradbury.

I was in Long Ralph partnership

I'm now at a complete loss on what to do, please could someone help me.

I would also liked to be involved in taking action.

Thanks in advance

<admin note>PM use enabled</admin note>

Comment

Partnership Address

I have just googled the address given to me for my supposed partnership and found this company http://www.jordans.co.uk/ at that address. Is it a coincidence that they also have a Bristol address? Me wonders....

Comment

Another one

I am another sufferer - £15K for me. I wonder if a lot of us should visit Andrew at his home in Bath to establish what he is going to do about this. Also, I am not sure if you are aware of this but they applied to have the company struck off in September - Bradbury & Co that is. Fortunately, Companies House rejected the request and ensured that Bradbury remained open - for now anyway.

Comment

Nice to see that Andy found a bit of spare time to submit the last two years of dormant accounts for liquidated Sunday Wealth Management Ltd to Companies House last week (do a WebCHeck on the companies house website). Clearly likes to leave things until the last minute.

Comment

Take Legal Action Now!

I am owed £26k in `undistributed profits`from Bradbury & Co (even after taking into account the higher fees). From the recent correspondences, I was sure that I would get something back today in time to pay HMRC on 31st Jan, but more fool me, nothing has come through.

I have some contacts at FL and surprisingly they have today advised me to begin legal action against Bradbury and Co as it seems no undistributed profits are in fact available. God only knows what they spent it on but clearly as everyone has recognised, Bradbury have made up astronomical fees in a vain hope of trying to recoup some of the original profits that should have been ring-fenced to pay tax. Trouble is, partners who were then told to pay back money to their partnership refused to do so. I know I would too if I was in that position but sadly I am at the opposite end of the scale meaning other partners need to effectively pay me back (made less obvious by those higher fees). So in an incredibly devious way, Bradbury have pitched partners against each other and what's worse, we're all anonymous to each other.

I am about to telephone the HMRC Debt Management line because I have no way of paying the amount due, God only knows what's going to happen but in the meantime please can other partners from the Switzer Pepin Partnership get in touch with me via PM so we can club together and launch a class action against Bradbury & Co.

<admin note>PM Use Enabled</admin note>

Comment

Unfortunately I also am a victim of the Sunday Solutions nightmare and are keen to get involved in any action being taken to get our money back. I was part of the Faller Cooper Partnership - does anyone know who the administrator of this partnership is?

Thanks

Comment

I just recieved this from bradbury. im not sure to let the adminstrators know my details or not.

Further to our ongoing correspondence regarding your Partnership Accounts, Bradbury has now completed our works and contractual obligations with your partnership and has submitted all statutory documentation to HMRC. We would report that your Partnership has now ceased trading; all partners within your Partnership have now resigned. Bradbury’s contractual obligations with your Partnership have now been satisfied.

For the avoidance of doubt (as previously advised), Bradbury is not responsible for individual partners 08/09 – 09/10 Self Assessment Tax Returns. Therefore each partner should instruct a new accountant and Bradbury will forward your relevant files accordingly. In facilitating the handover process, Bradbury will continue to support enquiries from you’re appointed accountant but will not be answering individual consultant questions other than via email.

An independent third-party administrator will be appointed to facilitate any final payments due to partners from the partnership, without prejudice. This independent administrator will contact you shortly to officially complete the closure of your Partnership and any distribution of funds due, accordingly.

We would take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but would confirm that as accountants, Bradbury & Co provide information and accountancy related services, but DO NOT hold or control partnership funds and cannot therefore authorise the release of funds from the Partnerships.

We would therefore request your patience in this matter and advise that you await contact from the appointed administrator in due course.

Whilst writing we should like to confirm that it will be necessary to pass on individual’s names and contact information to allow the appointed administrator to make contact with you. Should you not wish Bradbury and Co to divulge your details then please advise us of this, by contacting us at [email protected] and stating ‘Decline issue of personal details’ in the subject box.

Comment

My response to B&C, bet I dont get a reply

Bradbury & Co

As you are responsible for my accounts during the period 08/09, I am formally requesting a detailed breakdown of charges accounting to the total of £12,003.61 for Prof Fees, Sunday, Admin Bank Charges & Insurances. This figure does not balance with the 6% contract between myself and Sunday Solutions and wish to know how this figure was obtained.

These figures must be available to you as you have been the only party privileged to this information and concluded in this result

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X