• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
    Hi,

As I have noticed others doing, I will also state that I am looking for other members of the Tumility Adamich partnership. I know when I got my original documentation that there were 3 other names on there that I will withhold at present.

As for the actual partners, does anyone know for sure that they were all real, and that one partner in each partnership wasn't the 'plant' to hive off monies through ??

Also, from an earlier post in this thread, what is the process of filing a 'MoneyClaim' ?? Is this something that we should all be doing ??
    SWILMOT: I was also part of this partnership (Tumility Adamich), although if you have read my earlier post, when I called up the HMRC they had no record of me ever being in it. I joined in June 2008. I did get a list (but have lost it) of other members and Im sure there were around 8/9 names on it! I have recieved the Partnership UTR which allowed me to enquire.

Comment

Originally posted by DCER10 View Post
      SWILMOT: I was also part of this partnership (Tumility Adamich), although if you have read my earlier post, when I called up the HMRC they had no record of me ever being in it. I joined in June 2008. I did get a list (but have lost it) of other members and Im sure there were around 8/9 names on it! I have recieved the Partnership UTR which allowed me to enquire.
      Ok, I joined in mid-May 2008 and there were 3 other names at that time. Interesting if you weren't logged as being in it, on that basis maybe no tax is due !! I didn't try that one :-(

Comment

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
        Ok, I joined in mid-May 2008 and there were 3 other names at that time. Interesting if you weren't logged as being in it, on that basis maybe no tax is due !! I didn't try that one :-(
        They created a new partnership name and kept adding new contractors until it reached 20 (due to partnerships size rules) then started a new one. Most partnerships probably had 20 partners. Bradbury have about 1,000 contractors on their books and they have 4 employees. The partnership names were silly to save them time checking to see if they are already used.

Comment

Im in for the action

How do i get my PM use enabled? I need to contact you and join the fight!!!

<admin note>PM use enabled )</admin note>

Originally posted by Another Sucker View Post
          Fellow victims,

I only discovered this scene a few days ago. I've already started a small action group with no anticipated cost of membership - at the very least until we strike a point where the involvement of professional lawyers and/or accountants shows a likelihood of showing a profit.

We already have a small number of members but I'm dismayed by the pointless comments and the hand-wringing on this site.

You won't get your money back by making glib remarks on this forum. You only stand a chance if you join with others in effecting change.

If this is what you want, email me on <removed, please use PM system> in the next couple of days.

Actions taken today include:
          Sunday Solutions Company headquarters visited
          Trading Standards, ACAS, HMRC Fraud Department, and Watchdog contacted.
          The principal and practicalities of a telephone conference established.
          Actions - to be disclosed - agreed for next week.

No results yet. What do you expect after 2 days?

But, if you're interested and committed to getting your money back, why not join the action?

<admin note>Account upgraded, PM use enabled</admin note>

Comment

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
            They created a new partnership name and kept adding new contractors until it reached 20 (due to partnerships size rules) then started a new one. Most partnerships probably had 20 partners. Bradbury have about 1,000 contractors on their books and they have 4 employees. The partnership names were silly to save them time checking to see if they are already used.
            Maybe the problem is in here ... if DCER was in the partnership but not listed with the HMRC, perhaps there were more than 20 contractors per partnership, but having paid everyone their due money, there wasn't the money remaining for taxes etc, so they made up the costs to use up the rest of the available money. I suppose until we can get our hands on accounts for the partnerships we will never know ...

Comment

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Hi Guys,

I'd be interested to speak to anyone who was under Finn Blunk/Williow meade partnership as i've just filled my 08/09 tax return and to my surprise have a tax bill of over £8000.00

PM me if there is anything anyone can help with this and or can help in anyway.

Comment

Sunday Solutions

Guys

Just been checking my paper works for this..... I originally started with Sunday in 2007 I recieved a Deed of partnerships that states my fees would be about 6%, and this was for TSSP No125. Sometime after I was moved into Von Staden Howkins, however the Deed of Partnerships doesnt state a fee. Can every one else check to see if they have similar paper work. IF this is the case, i dont think we will ever be able to recover our funds.

I also checked companies house and Von Staden Howkins was never registered as a limited company, however I dont know if it had to be???

Also in my paper works I had an issurance document for 07/08, did any one recieve one for 08/09? I dont!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if people are trying to raise claims against B&C or Sunday/xxxx what ever they are called? I believe out contracts are all with Sunday but they assigned Bradbury to be the sleeping partner. Did Bradbury or Sunday or Willowmeade have access to the Partnership accounts?

Has anyone managed to get their partnership accounts yet? Our contract says they are available upon request LoL be interested to see who got charged what. Speaking with a collegue today and he hasnt been ripped off yet has the same contract wording as me, and earns a similar salary.

Im in the process or writing to the HMRC, called community advice today and they could do nothing.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 January 2010, 16:11. Reason: Previous clarification that companies are not associated

Comment

Sunday Solutions - yes there's definitely a problem

Joined this forum because I am in the same boat as apparently several others.

From the accounts I received from Bradbury, I am owed a considerable amount in undistributed profits, but haven't succeeded in cobtacting anyone.

Even more concerning, e-mails I have sent to Von Essen people have also bounced so like many others, I may have a large tax bill which I am in no position to pay.

I am now living overseas, which will make it difficult for me to instigate any serious action on this but I would consider joining a group action if one is instigated.

I intend making separate enquiries to try to locate any known current or past directors of Sunday, (xx) or Bradbury - other than that I am short of ideas of how best to progress this.

Also, as yet, I haven't signed of my tax return - I know I'm up for a fine if I don't but at the same time I don't want to admit any tax liability until this is cleared up.

Any other ideas?
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 January 2010, 16:13. Reason: association - potential libel

Comment

[QUOTE=xiaolonguk;1057398]Guys

Just been checking my paper works for this..... I originally started with Sunday in 2007 I recieved a Deed of partnerships that states my fees would be about 6%, and this was for TSSP No125. Sometime after I was moved into Von Staden Howkins, however the Deed of Partnerships doesnt state a fee. Can every one else check to see if they have similar paper work. IF this is the case, i dont think we will ever be able to recover our funds.
                    QUOTE]

My paperwork is the same, the second partnership agreement didn't state the fees and they also changed the statements and stopped listing out the % of fees and retention fund. I wasn't sure for a while but when you look back these actions were clearly very deliberate.

The partnerships set up were general partnerships (not LLP's) and you should have been registered as Self Employed with HMRC. Unfortunately you are therefore responsible for your own SATR and a Partnership Tax Return also needs to be completed. I have completed by own Tax Return but am expecting hassle over the Partnership Returns which are unlikely to be completed correctly if at all.

Comment

I am in the same situation as the rest of the people on this thread, I am owed over £10k by the Tumilty Adamich partnership. Despite emailing Bradbury & Co infinate times, I get no response. I have seen the FAQs on the website but they don't help the situation much.

Is there one generic group that everyone has joined to progress on what we can do to get our money back if the payments do not materialise?

Some of the staff from Fleming Laing were originally from Sunday Solutions, so someone must have a clue what is going on. They mention that they are investigating things and their legal team are on the case, and also Fleming Laing are trying to provide loans to customers to cover the money owed by people partnerships.

I am suspicious of the whole operation like everybody else, from reading the posts, the lack of communication and the non contactibilty of Bradbury & Co etc it fills me with a lot of doubts and it could all be a scam. However some people have had some money back from 08/09 (well that's what F Laing tell me) and I know most of the 07/08 funds were finally distributed, and the fact that Bradley & Co sent us accounts back and subsequent communication rather than totally disappearing off the face of the earth gives me some hope. Also the partnership UTR number is valid so this is binding with the HMRC strengthens our case.

Comment

Working...
                      X