• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Solutions -Faller Cooper

Aussie Battler,

I'm also a victim of the Sunday 'Solutions' and was a member of the Faller Cooper partnership. I'm owed £5k by Bradbury for the 08/09 tax year.

Interestingly, the last partnership agreement I received on 18th May 2008, only listed 2 people in the partnership. Therefore, if you are the other person and we are both owed money, what is to be made of Bradbury's statement regarding over paying of other partners as a reason for the missing funds?

Comment

Originally posted by SeriousFraud View Post
      What I want to know is who are the other two debtors that seemingly owe the Partnerships money as detailed in the "Where is my retained tax money? - I want it refunded." section of http://www.bradburyandco.com/faqs.html.

We can safely assume the partnership accounts have zero monies in currently and only when The Administrators "have secured repayment schedules, which will in turn form the basis of a repayment schedule to yourself, where applicable" happen will we start getting some of our tax money back. This could take months, if not years to recover these so-called debts? I thought the money was meant to be ring-fenced. I mean, wasn't the interest enough for those greedy b*****ds?
      1,000 contractors on Bradbury's books @ and average of say £15k retained tax per contractor makes £15m. Worth getting out of bed for don't you think?

TBH I was hoping they were either going to file the accounts and pay the money or not do either and liquidate. They appear to have provided the worst of all worlds by revealing how much we owe to the revenue then p*ssing off and leaving us to deal with it.
      Last edited by FeedtheKids; 29 January 2010, 20:19.

Comment

"Without prejudice"...?

If Bradbury have submitted the accounts for every Partnership, then why were we given the opportunity to ‘dispute’ the accounts? The accounts shouldn’t have been submitted to HMRC until every partner in the partnership agreed them. At this point, I think we can assume the so called ‘dispute process’ was a load of b****cks!

'Serious Fraud', re your recent post, I think you’re right; the partnership bank accounts are probably empty. If this so called 3rd party administrator does materialise, I fear that the ‘without prejudice’ statement implies that the ‘final payments due to partners from the partnership’ may not actually materialise!

Comment

Another victim

I'm yet another victim of the Sunday Solutions/BradburyAndCo situation.

I'm already paying HMRC £12k from last years mess. Now, Bradbury have increased their fees from 6% to 16%, are holding onto my partnership funds c. £6k and refusing all phone calls and emails.

I'm guessing from the threads that nobody has anyone their funds. Has anyone taken legal advice? Will it do any good? Can trading standards help?

I don't suppose anyone is in the Whalley Prime Broken partnership?

What experience does anyone have with Fleming Laing? Are they too involved with Sunday and Bradbury?

Comment

Yes, I think I will join the list of people screwed over

Hi all,

I was a partner of Faller Cooper partnership and I too have been screwed over in all of this - currently owed up to £5000 and have not received a single professional email stating when I will be released this; or for that matter, if.

I have just emailed Bradbury demanding that since they were responsible for my accounts for 08/09 that they should send me all contact/account details for the partnership; and that it is in their best interest to assist me to the utmost in terms of obtaining the release of my share of the partnership profit funds - if not, I will be reporting them to the relevant sections of HMRC, Inland Revenue, the National Ombudsman, the Office of Fair Trading and BBC Watchdog for investigation into malpractice and tax evasion.

I am currently awaiting a reply!

Any assistance and advice on this matter and what everyone else is doing would be much appreciated!!! Someone here mentioned an action group - where do I find out about it and how do I join?

Comment

Shaftoe Lunsford

Hi I'm new to the forum but seems that my problem (i.e. being up s*&t creek) isn't new to a lot of you! I've been stung with a £11,000 tax liability from Bradbury/Sunday Solutions. Thankfully HMRC agreed to granting an extension to paying it back (at interest of course!) as not surprisingly I don't have that kind of cash just lying about

Was anyone else a partner of Shaftoe Lunsford?

After a week of hand-wringing, hair pulling and temple massaging I've now reached a point of getting fired up to join what ever action group is formed to get these jerks and see what can be recouped... tho something tells little will come of it. If someone could let me know who to contact or where to go that'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyAss View Post
                Aussie Battler,

I'm also a victim of the Sunday 'Solutions' and was a member of the Faller Cooper partnership. I'm owed £5k by Bradbury for the 08/09 tax year.

Interestingly, the last partnership agreement I received on 18th May 2008, only listed 2 people in the partnership. Therefore, if you are the other person and we are both owed money, what is to be made of Bradbury's statement regarding over paying of other partners as a reason for the missing funds?
                Have you taken legal advice? Request a complete audit of the partnership with particular attention to what went into and out of the partnership bank accounts.

Comment

Drive hole through the clouds of steam

Originally posted by plnrmatt View Post
                  Hi I'm new to the forum but seems that my problem (i.e. being up s*&t creek) isn't new to a lot of you! I've been stung with a £11,000 tax liability from Bradbury/Sunday Solutions. Thankfully HMRC agreed to granting an extension to paying it back (at interest of course!) as not surprisingly I don't have that kind of cash just lying about

Was anyone else a partner of Shaftoe Lunsford?

After a week of hand-wringing, hair pulling and temple massaging I've now reached a point of getting fired up to join what ever action group is formed to get these jerks and see what can be recouped... tho something tells little will come of it. If someone could let me know who to contact or where to go that'd be great.
                  I'm not a partner in that one but you need to chase whoever allegedly is the partnership administrator for an explanation . Make a formal claim. Get legal advice. Join the Action group. Speak to HMRC business support service and ask for time to pay tax.
                  Keep pestering Bradbury . try Andrew mcintyre's email address to see if that get's response.

Comment

Another one of those ...

i am also affected by this scam..or what ever this is called...

any idea who can help... will taking any legal action help....

should we contact Citizen Bureau or get a solicitor to file a case against sunday/bradbury..

has anyone initiated any such actions...

Comment

I would like to join the Action Group

I would like to join your action group, but as a new user do not yet have access to your email details.

I am one of the seemingly growing number of disenchanted former clients of Sunday Solutions, and am facing a tax bill of over £11k as a result of their disgraceful misrepresentation.

Incorrect Claim 1 - Overstated %return
                      I have a written illustration from Sunday dated 23 July 2008 which states in bold a %return of "72.18% inclusive of income tax, class 4 NICs and all fees". However, this figure is bogus - if you do the maths with the figures on the illustration, the actual %return is only about 55%. I wish I'd realised this earlier!!

Incorrect Claim 2 - Tax Efficiency
                      Part of the sales blurb was that the "solutions" offered by Sunday were supposedly tax efficient. In fact, they are no more tax efficient than PAYE or any other system. They may actually be more expensive than many other options, as their total fees including accountancy and insurance are in the region of 13-14% of gross earnings.

Added to the above are yet more tales of woe;

Gripe 1
                      The communication from Sunday and their accountant cohorts Bradbury&Co has been abysmal. There has been absolutely no warning from them of any possible impending tax shortfall whatsoever.

Gripe 2
                      The undistributed profits from the now dissolved Partnership, which in my case amount to approx £2900, remain exactly that, i.e. undistributed. There is no indication on how soon these funds will be paid to the clients, just that it will be any time soon. Well, it would have been nice if they could have paid this in time for the 2008/9 tax return deadline (31st Jan 2010). They've already had 2 months since I approved the accounts - how much longer do they need?

Gripe 3
                      Bradbury&Co have decided to play hard to get. "In the interests of efficiency" (!), all communications must go through the website, according to the automated message you get if you try ringing their number (0844 8004178). And what does the website tell you? Well, not much at all quite frankly.

Comment

Working...
                      X