• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those thinking about court action, anything over £5k and it's outside the small claims, this means that the losing party will very likely be liable for the winning party’s legal fees.

Someone else asked about who to claim against. If you're unsure, sue all parties with the single claim, it's just a matter of listing them all as defendants on the claim form.

It may be a good idea for you to club together maybe 10 or 20 of you and pool your finances and instruct a solicitor. Use one of you as the test case, depending on who caves/loses in court then that's your target.

**This is my own musings, always seek suitable legal advice**
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Sunday problems

Not sure if this helps, but I have the name and a recent phone number of one of the previous Sunday Directors - haven't tried it yet, difficult because I'm now in a very different time zone - if I establish any contact, I will post back to this forum.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 January 2010, 16:08.

Comment

Contact from beyond ( ie Bradbury)

got a surprise response from Bradbury yesterday in response to questions I had raised and problems with my accounts.

Good news:
        they have adjusted my "accounts" to include missing expenses

Bad news :
        for no apparant reason they have changed an 07/08 figure reducing it by £6.5k. so now my £1.8k due back to me has turned into £4.6k due to them. This is obviously a cynical attempt to try and scare me.

Just another low, when you think they couldn't get any lower.

got some other answers
        Sunday ILP release of funds : they say it's already included in accounts. hmm that contradicts the earlier correspondence

disputed accounts : yep, you can dispute again, and I have, so back in another 6 month Queue

accounts : they are now totally blaming Sunday for any figures. basically saying "I know nothing!!!"

Partnership Administrator : There isn't one!! it's a group of people, who all have access to bank accounts. hmm, that is not what is stated in my contract!

there is more, but it's all the same rubbish and diversionary tactics as spouted before

Comment

Police Fraud

Hi

I am new to this - a member of the Robertson de Leon Partnership, administered by Bradbury. I am owed £21k from the partnership fund and have heard nothing despite many mails. The net result is that I have had to pay the HMRC the £22k owing.

As of this morning I have notified Bradbury that I am taking the following action if I do not get a) response to my questions and b) monies owing from Partnership:
          - Formally report them to the Police Fraud Squad
          - Set up a petition at Companies House so that Bradbury CANNOT go bankrupt whilst owing so much money to the "partners"
          - Formally report thme to the FSA
          - Formally report them to the HMRC

Unfortunately I am new to this site as of yesterday and as such don't think i can reply directly to anyone. Once I can I will set up a dedicated post to obtain names of all those that wish to join a "group" to bring this situ to justice.

Comment

Originally posted by FairyQueen View Post
            Hi

I am new to this - a member of the Robertson de Leon Partnership, administered by Bradbury. I am owed £21k from the partnership fund and have heard nothing despite many mails. The net result is that I have had to pay the HMRC the £22k owing.

As of this morning I have notified Bradbury that I am taking the following action if I do not get a) response to my questions and b) monies owing from Partnership:
            - Formally report them to the Police Fraud Squad
            - Set up a petition at Companies House so that Bradbury CANNOT go bankrupt whilst owing so much money to the "partners"
            - Formally report thme to the FSA
            - Formally report them to the HMRC

Unfortunately I am new to this site as of yesterday and as such don't think i can reply directly to anyone. Once I can I will set up a dedicated post to obtain names of all those that wish to join a "group" to bring this situ to justice.
            Unfortunately they are not covered by FSA rules. The could liquidate under company law and we cannot stop them if they cannot meet their debts. However we then get to deal with the liquidator which might prove more fruitful than what we've currently got. We are liable to HMRC for our tax of course but if Bradbury do not have the money retained for us then fraud and money laundering would be worthy of investigation. I am still holding out a slim hope that they are just incompetent and that I'll get the retained profit stated in the accounts and I'll then use it to fly to the moon to meet Elvis. In reality I am following through on some of the earlier HMRC strategies proposed by others here.

Comment

Action group

Originally posted by FairyQueen View Post

There is already an action group set up. you can join it by emailing [email protected]

I believe that there legal actions is already undeerway by one group and a second group has started up on there to do the same.

Comment

Fees ...

Originally posted by xiaolonguk View Post
                Guys

Just been checking my paper works for this..... I originally started with Sunday in 2007 I recieved a Deed of partnerships that states my fees would be about 6%, and this was for TSSP No125. Sometime after I was moved into Von Staden Howkins, however the Deed of Partnerships doesnt state a fee. Can every one else check to see if they have similar paper work. IF this is the case, i dont think we will ever be able to recover our funds.
                Hiya,

My original 'forecast' included amounts for Fees and Insurances ... it may be worth checking in there. I doubt that these would have any contractual obligation though ...

Comment

More mist and mirrors

Originally posted by Steve64 View Post
                  got a surprise response from Bradbury yesterday in response to questions I had raised and problems with my accounts.

Good news:
                  they have adjusted my "accounts" to include missing expenses

Bad news :
                  for no apparant reason they have changed an 07/08 figure reducing it by £6.5k. so now my £1.8k due back to me has turned into £4.6k due to them. This is obviously a cynical attempt to try and scare me.

Just another low, when you think they couldn't get any lower.

got some other answers
                  Sunday ILP release of funds : they say it's already included in accounts. hmm that contradicts the earlier correspondence

disputed accounts : yep, you can dispute again, and I have, so back in another 6 month Queue

accounts : they are now totally blaming Sunday for any figures. basically saying "I know nothing!!!"

Partnership Administrator : There isn't one!! it's a group of people, who all have access to bank accounts. hmm, that is not what is stated in my contract!

there is more, but it's all the same rubbish and diversionary tactics as spouted before
                  Its clearly a cover up
                  I'm surprised they did not name a partnership the Maxwell-Ponzi Partnership.
                  However, if they are claiming that there increased charges should you not seek to be shown the reason for these added costs and the invoices.to which they are claimed to relate?
                  No proof no pay

Comment

Maxwell Ponzi

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
                    Hiya,

My original 'forecast' included amounts for Fees and Insurances ... it may be worth checking in there. I doubt that these would have any contractual obligation though ...
                    Anyway I would want a detailed brekdown of every charge and a reason for every damned expense. Also the partnership needs to explain why the application of these charges is so long in coming to pass. Looks too bloody convenient that they are turniong retained money into overpayments by these "adjustments" - I would be reluctant to accept any charges made after I left the partnership too.

Comment

Partnership dates

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
                      Anyway I would want a detailed brekdown of every charge and a reason for every damned expense. Also the partnership needs to explain why the application of these charges is so long in coming to pass. Looks too bloody convenient that they are turniong retained money into overpayments by these "adjustments" - I would be reluctant to accept any charges made after I left the partnership too.
                      Good point. And on that basis, when other people got their 'details for the accountant', were the dates of joining and leaving the partnership as expected ??
                      Mine were listed as joining in July 08, leaving August 08 as opposed to May 08 to Jan 09 as I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                      X