• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently a member of one of Sunday's Partnerships.

I also received a letter from HMRC saying that I had missed a payment deadline, and owed them a not-insignificant amount of money. I immediately phoned Sunday and got through straight away (I guess I am one of the lucky ones). They confirmed that the 07/08 tax payment had been paid on time, but the 1st Payment-On-Account for 08/09 was late, but had actually been paid after I received the HMRC letter, and the small interest charge would be paid by Sunday. All seemed OK.

Today I read this thread, so I have phoned HMRC to check that payment really had been made - and barring the interest charge, it has been.

Hopefully this suggests it was just a mistake rather than anything more sinister, but they do still have a reasonable amount of my money for the next POA so I'm not sure what the next step I should take is.

Comment

Hi new to this forum, why have I just joined? well I'm in the same boat as the rest, have had a tax bill of over £10k from the Inland Revenue, Sunday/Bradbury have pushed out the forementioned correspondance so I await with concern. I have a couple of weeks off so hopefully it gets resolved soon otherwise I will be paying them a visit in person. If anyone wants to discuss it further then PM me.

Comment

Sunday / Bradbury

Hi all,

I have had all the same problems as all of you, I am now taking legal action agaist him/them,

Have any of you had any luck.....?????

Buy the way they have moved from the tramshed and are now at a diffrent address I do Have that address if anyone wants it.

Also after speaking with the taxman to day I have to pay back all the money myself. for me 15k

I would be very interested in speaking to all the people having the same problems as me.
        Last edited by loadsof money; 17 March 2009, 18:47.

Comment

Im the same

Originally posted by tommo View Post
          Hi new to this forum, why have I just joined? well I'm in the same boat as the rest, have had a tax bill of over £10k from the Inland Revenue, Sunday/Bradbury have pushed out the forementioned correspondance so I await with concern. I have a couple of weeks off so hopefully it gets resolved soon otherwise I will be paying them a visit in person. If anyone wants to discuss it further then PM me.
          Im the same mate how can I contact you

Comment

You may want to check this out

http://www.ukdata.com/numbers/03076671.html

I just googled the Company number

Comment

PMs

I would like to be able to send private messages so that I can correspond with others having issues with Sunday. Can an administrator please make this possible for me?

Thanks.

<mod note>done, you can now use the PM system</mod note>

Comment

Originally posted by k8594 View Post
                I would like to be able to send private messages so that I can correspond with others having issues with Sunday. Can an administrator please make this possible for me?

Thanks.

<mod note>done, you can now use the PM system</mod note>
                I also would like the ability to send a PM on this topic as I am also concerned about Sunday.

Administrator - can you please also make this possible for me.

Thanks.

<mod note>done</mod note>

Comment

I'm yet another casualty of Sunday Solutions and Bradbury and Co saga. Tax not paid. Final demand come and gone. Tax office say they have heard nothing from Bradbury since December 2008.

Comment

Hello all, first post on here.

I was with Sunday Solutions, in fact I was one of their earliest adopters.

My experience of them is not so much that they are operating a scam but that they simply cannot cope with the level of business they are trying to administer.

My tax bills were late several times but each time Sunday coughed up for any fine. The big issue was their retention rate, which I asked to be reviewed many times. They never did and at each tax bill I was always short by a considerable ammount, and I even found that they had been using current tax year provision to pay last years owed ammount thereby compounding the problem with each passing tax year. They did refund me a substantial part of their fees to cover some of the shortfall but you do not expect to pay their astronomical fees then have to worry about paying your tax every 6 months.

Eventually I got so frustrated with them that I resigned from the partnership last November. To their credit I was refunded all of my retained funds and Bradbury did submit my tax return in January on time after my prompting them. I have had to take on the backlog of tax owed myself and it will take me most of this year to get back on an even keel.

By the sounds of it I got out just in time before they went into meltdown and would advise any contractors considering using their services to think very carefully.

I would suggest that anyone having problems with Sunday should try contacting M*rk L*wis the Managing Director. I always found him available and ready to talk....most of the time !!

Good luck to those of you having these problems and I hope you manage to get it sorted soon.

Comment

I have also had the same problem.

I left the partnership last December but my 1st payment due on Jan 31st was not paid and although I signed all the necessary paperwork on leaving my retention money for the second payment has still not been returned to me.

I have also spoken with andy and been given the "It'll be a couple of days ... Let me look into it" response.

I am now rather worried as the total monies held comes to around 20k. I hope they get it sorted quickly as I want my money back in my hands even if I have to deal with it myself from then on!

J.

I'm just glad I have since seen sense and gone Ltd ... but I can't afford to take a 20k hit for this!

Comment

Working...
                      X