• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderstruck - I would follow your approach but what will happen if Bradbury then submit a Partnership return showing that you have received income. HMRC will likely think it is in addition to what you have already declared.

It's a bit of a no win situation to be honest, we've been left with no option but to submit our own SA's with what information we have none of which is going to add up. I plan on entering my income against the Partnership along with a covering letter explaining I resigned from the Partnership 15 months ago and include my bank statements. Luckily the amount I received is pretty close to the draft figure given by Bradbury although they reached it by deducting huge fees and adding back on Capital assests.

Not great by any means....

Comment

Collectively we need legal and accountancy help

I have been in contact with FlemingLaing who seem to know a lot about our plight and who put me onto this forum.

Comment

From the communication I have had from Bradbury it seems clear that they will not be submitting any tax return. They have advised that we get our own accountant and use the draft partnership pages to submit our own tax return. Unfortunately it looks as if they wont be paying any money out before 31st Jan so we will more than likely have to find the lot ourselves and try to claim it back later.

Join the Sunday action group - lots of information on the sitch there and a group legal proceedings against Bradbury/Sunday.

Comment

A little snippet I stumbled on earlier - Mr Nyiri researching his next business venture in 2008:-

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/item/187353

Comment

Originally posted by flamindevil View Post
            If you have not seen this please visit http://www.bradburyandco.com/faqs.html
            Hope nobody minds me butting in, as I am not affected by this problem, but a few things immediately catch the eye on viewing that web site:
            1. They don't spell Folkestone correctly in the address in the footer;

2. Some of the text in the FAQs is ungrammatical, e.g. "...have secured a repayment schedules";

3. In at least one place they seem to be using boilerplate text and have forgotten to make the necessary changes, i.e. "At Bradbury we have over XX years' of industry knowledge and experience to share" (unless of course they keep the accounts in Roman numerals).

I tend to assume that the quality of a company's web site is an indication of the quality of service one might expect from that company. These failings do not inspire confidence.

Good luck to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hope nobody minds me butting in, as I am not affected by this problem, but a few things immediately catch the eye on viewing that web site:
              1. They don't spell Folkestone correctly in the address in the footer;

2. Some of the text in the FAQs is ungrammatical, e.g. "...have secured a repayment schedules";

3. In at least one place they seem to be using boilerplate text and have forgotten to make the necessary changes, i.e. "At Bradbury we have over XX years' of industry knowledge and experience to share" (unless of course they keep the accounts in Roman numerals).

I tend to assume that the quality of a company's web site is an indication of the quality of service one might expect from that company. These failings do not inspire confidence.

Good luck to you all.
              Nick, thanks for your comments. They simply don't give a toss about anything - this is already proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

I have eventually recieved my accounts and the figures aren't to bad after agreeing them I also have recieved a letter sayin I'm due a part payment at the end of the month followed by a payment schedule I must be one of the lucky ones but I've have just pushed and pushed good luck to everyone else

Comment

I have noticed there is alot of angry People on here I can't speak for everyone but I've been chasing my payment and have been told that there are debtors in my partnership so they have to pay that money back to the partnership then I will recieve my payment end of feb I'm told hope this helps

Comment

I was panicing after Reading some of these posts as I hadn't received my accounts and all my colleages had I eventually got hold of someone in bradbury who told me they've got my old address so that's why I hadn't received them so they emailed me them the next day phew. If your in the same position I'd make sure you have updated your details with them just in case the same happens to you. Goodluck

Comment

I am awaiting my accounts and finally received an email and letter basically sayin I'm going to recieve them next week and as long as I approve them should recieve a part payment end of Jan I feel alot better cos they are a least corresponding with me looks like there could be light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Working...
                      X