• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nowt

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
    Has anybody received the correspondence they promised for this week?
    Nothing received yet... Will try Fleming Laing to see if they have any news but doubt they will.

What next? Do we wait another few days next week?

Comment

Have spoken with FL and they couldn't shed any light on things... Has anyone received any communication at all?

Comment

The only thing I have recieved is my partnershp accounts (yersterday). What correspondance are you expecting. Is anyone any closer to recieving their money?

One thing I would like to understand is my legal position if I accept the accounts, receive my money and then want to challenge the fees afterwards? By accepting the terms would I affectively nullify my right to appeal legally and not be able to take legal action?

Iain

Comment

Ask for a full accounting

Originally posted by dbasu View Post
          All,

I've just come across this thread and am both relieved and also worried that there seem to be others with similar experiences as me.

I was wondering whether anyone can help me/ point me in the right direction with what I should do.

My situation

After many years as a permanent employee, I took the step of going contracting and used Sunday/Bradbury via a partnership. I was only a part of this for a short time (Dec 07 - April 08) after which due to the economic downturn had to take another job as a permanent employee.

They completed my 07-08 tax return for which there was a shortfall of just under £1000 which I paid directly to HMRC (for the 31 Jan 09). Thought all was good with that but in March this year I got a call from HMRC claiming the outstanding amount had not been paid.

I called Bradbury and they assured me that this was normal and not to be worried as they were resubmitting my tax return to reduce my bill. I thought, OK cool.

About a month later HMRC appointed Bailiffs*came to seize assets for the outstanding amount. Luckily, I wasn't at home so they left a letter stressing that if the outstanding amount was not paid they would serve a CCJ. With this I called Bradbury was told no one was available but I explained what had happened and was put straight through to someone who took all the details and did sort this out.

I subsequently got an updated tax return from them with a reduced amount which and a confirmation of payment to HMRC (for less than the amount on the amended tax return) but with an additional note that they were applying to reduced it further.

I have heard nothing since until last week where I received a final account from the partnership which now states that the partnership is in debt. with an instruction to either approve/disapprove these numbers.

Any advise on what I should do?
          First you want to know what what they have adjusted in 2007-8 and why?
          Have you seen the 2007-8 partnership accounts .?
          If not ask for them
          Then you need to ask for the 2008-98 full accounting?
          And the the full accounts.
          How can you agree anything without sufficient information?
          Make sure you point out that you will hold them accountable for errors and mistakes.

Comment

Hi,
            I just received the letter from bradbury with the partnership accounts on friday the 17/12/2009 but it was dated 06/11/2009? so what is that about?

I have no knowledge of what is going on as they want me to accept the accounts but its showing as (1,000.00) undistributed profits??? what does this mean?

I have also had to pay the tax man over 4 grand in tax for 08/09 already and have not had any letters from HMRC regarding my 08/09 tax returns completion?

Can anyone shed some light into this.

Thanks,

Comment

Fao Lapd

Originally posted by LAPD View Post
              Hi,
              I just received the letter from bradbury with the partnership accounts on friday the 17/12/2009 but it was dated 06/11/2009? so what is that about?

I have no knowledge of what is going on as they want me to accept the accounts but its showing as (1,000.00) undistributed profits??? what does this mean?

I have also had to pay the tax man over 4 grand in tax for 08/09 already and have not had any letters from HMRC regarding my 08/09 tax returns completion?

Can anyone shed some light into this.

Thanks,
              They're trying to get another £1,000 out of you. The () signifies negative so they say that you owe them money. (Did that make you angry reading that?)

I'm in the same boat but they are trying to get £3,500 out of me. The mess these fools have made of my tax position is ridiculous.

You have two options:

1. Seek legal advice (Could be costly)
              2. Wait and see if they ever have the cheek to try to get the money that isn't theirs and then we all get together and go to court at the same time.

Sorry I couldn't have given you better news.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain-Le-Roi View Post
                The only thing I have recieved is my partnershp accounts (yersterday). What correspondance are you expecting. Is anyone any closer to recieving their money?

One thing I would like to understand is my legal position if I accept the accounts, receive my money and then want to challenge the fees afterwards? By accepting the terms would I affectively nullify my right to appeal legally and not be able to take legal action?

Iain

I would check with a solicitor first but I would imagine that accepting the acocunts mean you accept everything about it including the fees. This is a deliberate tactic to scare people into accepting these accounts by giving the impression you have to do this to get your money back in time for tax deadline time.

Its like saying 'sorry mate you know that tenner I borrowed off you, I can only give you a quid back now and we call it quits, or we can argue about it for another 6 months and you might not get any of it back'.

Comment

Just one extra point.

I would love to know if anyone has been into the 'dispute process' yet ?

Please let us know on here when this kicks in and what form of discussion/debate is open to you, if at all.

Comment

IN Limbo till hell freezes over

Originally posted by safcmike View Post
                    Just one extra point.

I would love to know if anyone has been into the 'dispute process' yet ?

Please let us know on here when this kicks in and what form of discussion/debate is open to you, if at all.
                    Silence is the response so far. Though they suddenly write to ask you not to contact Barclays Bank if you contact the bank to see if the account is still there.
                    I wonder why?

Comment

Contacting the bank

Yeah,

I contacted the bank and was told that Andrew McIntyre was still there and on his e-mail account which was interesting as I was told he had left "The Account".

So far I haven't had any e-mails warning me off but the phone number I was given as a contact for the account was the number for Reed Morgan which I thought was interesting.

J.

Comment

Working...
                      X