• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC trying to cover up what they did to NTRT users?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC trying to cover up what they did to NTRT users?

It's nearly 3 months since I submitted these requests, and all HMRC do is continually avoid responding.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...pa_2003_with_p

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...use_of_s6847ab

It's hard not to conclude that they are trying to bury this.

A couple of weeks ago I emailed my MP, through writetothem.com, and he's just come back saying he's written to the Chief Exec.

However, I'm not holding my breath because I wouldn't be surprised if they blank MPs too.

Despite what I'd been told a couple of weeks ago, his office has now come back saying that it's not something he can deal with, and I should make a complaint to the ICO. From what I've read about how slow and toothless they are, is it even worth the bother?

Someone messaged me that their MP got a reply from HMRC which merely provided a general email address for people to report concerns about schemes. The MP considered this job done.

Are they all this useless?

Comment

I complained to the ICO once and it took about 4-5 months but this was years ago and the backlog may be longer now. The trouble is, even if HMRC are forced to respond, it doesn't mean they'll be "open, honest and transparent".

I'd say your chances of ever getting the truth out of them are virtually nil.

MPs get inundated with emails, and many go unanswered, so you're quite lucky to even get a reply. They may give more attention to your issue if you make the effort to go and meet them face-to-face at one of their surgeries.
      Last edited by woody1; 31 August 2023, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
        I'd say your chances of ever getting the truth out of them are virtually nil.
        Yep, I suspect you're right. I used to think it was possibly a bit of an hyperbole when they were sometimes accused of being "institutionally dishonest" but not any more!
        Last edited by webby653; 3 September 2023, 10:02.

Comment

Working...
        X